Xiegu G90 ZLP MiniProSC FT8 - Input Sound Level Issue #AudioIssues #FT8 #wsjt-x

Gregory Kenley

All the previous issues with Sound Input deal with "over driving" and going red.
I have the opposite problem with seeing Red - I cannot get enough input volume/drive.
I used the Xiegu G90 settings as recommned by Julian on his OH8STN Youtube for G90 setup.
Bypassed the CAT Control for now as HamLib doesn't yet fully support the Xiegu G90.
Using VOX as Julian recommends.

image.png

-------
image.png

image.png

image.png
---------------
After doing some homework I decide that I am not driving FT8 with enough input.
So I increase microphone input.

image.png
and now I go from Red to Green - an improvement

image.png

But I am no where near the 30-50dB range that people recommend,
and at 99 I'm out of slitz here?
Is this the best the ZLP MiniPROSC can do?
Do I need to switch to using a direct soundcard?
Signal Link?

What are my options to increase input levels?

- Best
KC1NRJ
Gregory Kenley
Boston

Bob

Greg,

SignaLink working perfectly here.  Plenty of audio TX/RX.  I use the  ACCY cable direct from G90 to the SignaLink.    I had this SignaLink in the "junk box" from previous projects....I've always had great luck with them.

73 de Bob
K4RCG

On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 10:24 PM Gregory Kenley <gkenley@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Bob,
I'll guess I'll give the old SignaLink a try.  Beats repeated "bang head here".
Will let you know my update.

Best and 73,
KC1NRJ
Greg