WSTJ-X and JTAlert have stopped communicating #WSJTX_config #networking

Pocket Change

I am running WSJT-X v2.4.0 and JTAlert v2.50.4 and things were going just great until today.
It seems that a setting has been changed unintentionally but I can't find what is wrong/missing.
When WSJT-X completes the RR73 sequence the qso is not logged to HRD log and the box generated by WSJT-X does not show.

How can I check that WSJT_Z and JTAlert are communicating?
I saw a faq that says that by clicking "help" in WSJT-X it would indicate if the two are communicating.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

73 Roger ZF1RC

Bill Somerville

On 22/07/2021 17:07, Pocket Change via groups.io wrote:

I am running WSJT-X v2.4.0 and JTAlert v2.50.4 and things were going just great until today.
It seems that a setting has been changed unintentionally but I can't find what is wrong/missing.
When WSJT-X completes the RR73 sequence the qso is not logged to HRD log and the box generated by WSJT-X does not show.

How can I check that WSJT_Z and JTAlert are communicating?
I saw a faq that says that by clicking "help" in WSJT-X it would indicate if the two are communicating.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

73 Roger ZF1RC
Hi Roger,

initial network traffic goes from WSJT-X to JTAlert, there is some return traffic where JTAlert can highlight calls in the WSJT-X Band Activity decodes window, but that cannot happen until JTAlert has discovered the WSJT-X network traffic. Because of this I recommend your first port of call for support on this issue should be with the JTAlert forum. Also the JTAlert built in help has a comprehensive section on diagnosing and repairing network issues between WSJT-X and JTAlert.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 23/07/2021 2:07 am, Pocket Change via groups.io wrote:

When WSJT-X completes the RR73 sequence the qso is not logged to HRD log and the box generated by WSJT-X does not show.

If you don't get the WSJT-X "Log QSO" window at the end of your QSO, simply click the "Log QSO" button on the WSJT-X window, its call manual control. If you want the "Log QSO" window to automatically show then enable the "Prompt me to log QSO" setting, Reporting tab of the WSJT-X Settings window.

The "Log QSO" window showing or not has nothing to do with JTAlert or HRD.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Michel Bernard VE2BJG

Have you simply tried to reboot the PC ? Just in case socket communications (UDP messaging) has been stopped or corrupted in some form.

Reboot your PC and will likely resolve the issue.

You could install some network spying tool similar to Wireshark but rebooting is simpler.