locked WSJTX_LOG issues with 2 calls. #WSJTX_config #logging


Mike G8NSZ
 

H All,

I have an issue with, I think, WSJT-X not reading the log file caused by me removing, renaming, reinstalling the file into the log folder.

I changed my callsign when I operated from a holiday cottage in Scotland. So, I thought, I will copy and paste my G8 logfile to another location and rename it _G8. I then deleted that log from the folder using the delete command in the dropdown, then changed the callsign in settings to GM8. Once I returned home I did the same in reverse, so to speak, by saving the GM log as _GM and replacing the original in the log folder and renaming it as WSJTX_LOG. However, the programme does not appear to be reading the log as all the new call/new zone/new square colours which I know I have worked before are all there. Is that how it shows previously worked stations?

What did I do wrong, or can the programme not cope with what I have done? Many thanks.
73
Mike - G8NSZ


Jim Shorney
 

Did you lose the .adi file name extension in the process? The full file name should be wsjtx_log.adi . One of the most stupid decisions made by Microsoft (IMO) was at some point to decide to hide extensions for known file types by default. You can turn this behavior off and I recommend doing so if you want to use your computer as more than just an interenet appliance.

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 07:59:21 -0800
"Mike G8NSZ" <gm4nsz@gmail.com> wrote:

Once I returned home I did the same in reverse, so to speak, by saving the GM log as _GM and replacing the original in the log folder and renaming it as WSJTX_LOG. However, the programme does not appear to be reading the log as all the new call/new zone/new square colours which I know I have worked before are all there. Is that how it shows previously worked stations?


Karza
 

Hi Mike,

On 22.1.2022 17.59, Mike G8NSZ wrote:
H All,

I have an issue with, I think, WSJT-X not reading the log file caused by me removing, renaming, reinstalling the file into the log folder.

I changed my callsign when I operated from a holiday cottage in Scotland. So, I thought, I will copy and paste my G8 logfile to another location and rename it _G8. I then deleted that log from the folder using the delete command in the dropdown, then changed the callsign in settings to GM8. Once I returned home I did the same in reverse, so to speak, by saving the GM log as _GM and replacing the original in the log folder and renaming it as WSJTX_LOG.
The log file name needs to have ".adi" suffix, ie "wsjtx_log.adi", not "wsjtx_log".

If you are on Windows, make sure that Bill Gates has not appended some other suffix, such as ".txt" or something.

73's de Kari, ohqgqc