wsjtx.log.adi #adiFiles

w1cu@...

Is there a way to open the wsjtx.log.adi with the most recent contacts at the top?
Jonathan
w1cu@...

Bill Somerville

On 13/09/2021 15:28, w1cu@cunitz.us wrote:
Is there a way to open the wsjtx.log.adi with the most recent contacts at the top?
Jonathan
w1cu@cunitz.us
Hi Jonathon,

the WSJT-X ADIF log file is just a text file and new entries are appended to the end. Unless you have some application that can read the whole file, understand the ADIF record format, and sort the data the way you want it; you are not going to get that.

ADIF is a format for transferring log records from one application to another. Importing the ADIF file into a station logging application will allow you to search the records etc..

Bill
G4WJS.

Robie - AJ4F

Jonothan,

ADIF Master is designed to manipulate ADIF files.  It is free and may do what you want.

Robie - AJ4F

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 9:46 AM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
On 13/09/2021 15:28, w1cu@... wrote:
> Is there a way to open the wsjtx.log.adi with the most recent contacts
> at the top?
> Jonathan
> w1cu@...

Hi Jonathon,

the WSJT-X ADIF log file is just a text file and new entries are
appended to the end. Unless you have some application that can read the
whole file, understand the ADIF record format, and sort the data the way
you want it; you are not going to get that.

ADIF is a format for transferring log records from one application to
another. Importing the ADIF file into a station logging application will
allow you to search the records etc..

Bill
G4WJS.

Arnold Lausevich

for the life of me I cannot even find my wsjtx.log file!

On Monday, September 13, 2021, 09:46:16 AM CDT, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

On 13/09/2021 15:28, w1cu@... wrote:
> Is there a way to open the wsjtx.log.adi with the most recent contacts
> at the top?
> Jonathan
> w1cu@...

Hi Jonathon,

the WSJT-X ADIF log file is just a text file and new entries are
appended to the end. Unless you have some application that can read the
whole file, understand the ADIF record format, and sort the data the way
you want it; you are not going to get that.

ADIF is a format for transferring log records from one application to
another. Importing the ADIF file into a station logging application will
allow you to search the records etc..

Bill
G4WJS.

Reino Talarmo

>for the life of me I cannot even find my wsjtx.log file!

Arnold,

If you really want to find it, just go to route File – Open log directory and it should be there as “wsjtx_log.adi” or “wsjtx_log”, if your file extension are hidden. At least for the current instance of wsjt-x.

73, Reino OH3mA

Ron Schunk

Arnold, download a copy of WiseJetSearch ...it is light years faster than a regular Windoze search (I guess you are using Windoze) and it will show you what you need....
Ron WA8KQF

Virus-free. www.avast.com

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 11:28 AM Reino Talarmo <reino.talarmo@...> wrote:

Arnold,

If you really want to find it, just go to route File – Open log directory and it should be there as “wsjtx_log.adi” or “wsjtx_log”, if your file extension are hidden. At least for the current instance of wsjt-x.

73, Reino OH3mA

Arnold Lausevich

Ron: Thanks!  But it does not come up with anything!!!!

Cannot figure this one.....

On Monday, September 13, 2021, 03:31:55 PM CDT, Ron Schunk <ron051798@...> wrote:

Arnold, download a copy of WiseJetSearch ...it is light years faster than a regular Windoze search (I guess you are using Windoze) and it will show you what you need....
Ron WA8KQF

Arnold,

73, Reino OH3mA

billth87

When I open wsjt_log.adi with notepad++ it opens at the beginning of the file.

ve3ki

Are you looking for the correct file name? It's wsjtx_log.adi (not wsjtx.log.adi as in the title of the message).

The easiest way to find it is to run the program, use the File menu and select the "Open log directory" menu item. That will open a File Manager window open on the directory containing the log files, among others. There should be a text file called wsjtx.log and another one called wsjtx_log.adi .

If you have not changed from the defaults in Windows File Manager, it might be hiding filename extensions from you, so that the files might appear to be called wsjtx and/or wsjtx_log . If so, use the  View menu, select Options, select the View tab in the Folder Options window, and look for a check box called "Hide extensions for known file types", UNcheck that check box, and click on OK. File Manager should now show you full filenames.

Rich VE3KI

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 04:41 PM, Arnold Lausevich wrote:

Ron: Thanks!  But it does not come up with anything!!!!

Cannot figure this one.....

On Monday, September 13, 2021, 03:31:55 PM CDT, Ron Schunk <ron051798@...> wrote:

Ron WA8KQF

Arnold,

73, Reino OH3mA

Arnold Lausevich

Thanks Ron for the tip on using Wisejetsearch.

At first it did not come up with anything. Dropping the .log suffex did it.

Ron WA8KQF

Arnold,

73, Reino OH3mA

Arnold Lausevich

Thanks all for the info. I downloaded it as a text file in case I need a backup copy.  I already lost my contacts when I upgraded afew years ago.  The color code was lost for contacts made in the past.

On Monday, September 13, 2021, 04:00:01 PM CDT, Arnold Lausevich <nk9o@...> wrote:

Thanks Ron for the tip on using Wisejetsearch.

At first it did not come up with anything. Dropping the .log suffex did it.

Ron WA8KQF

Arnold,

73, Reino OH3mA

Dave Garber

yes it does

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 4:45 PM billth87 via groups.io <billth87=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Jim Shorney

That's the way text editors work. They assume that you want to start at the beginning. Grab a copy of ADIF Master. It will allow you to sort on any field.

https://www.dxshell.com/adif-master.html

-Jim
NU0C

On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 20:45:27 +0000 (UTC)
"billth87 via groups.io" <billth87=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote: