locked #WSJTX_config / IC-7610 / Operating Rig=Split with different filters on each band. #WSJTX_config

Gary - AG0N

On Aug 15, 2021, at 4:20 PM, Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Due toasty I deficiency in setting the filter your only choice is to use mode=None and set it yourself.

This problem has been reported to Icom but I’m batting about .250 getting them to make improvements.
What about Fake It, Mike. I’m wondering if it would forget about doing the change and hold steady.

Gary - AG0N

Michael Black

That should work.

Mike W9MDB

On Monday, August 16, 2021, 01:13:12 PM CDT, Gary - AG0N <wb0kkm@...> wrote:

> On Aug 15, 2021, at 4:20 PM, Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> Due toasty I deficiency in setting the filter your only choice is to use mode=None and set it yourself.
>
> This problem has been reported to Icom but I’m batting about .250 getting them to make improvements.

What about Fake It, Mike.  I’m wondering if it would forget about doing the change and hold steady.

Gary - AG0N

Martin G0HDB

On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 04:33 PM, Philip Rose wrote:

Hi Bob,

On the iC-7300, FIL1 etc are only used in the RX path. The TX path has a fixed width filter. I assume the same is true for IC-7610.

The transmit bandwidth when in SSB-D mode on the 7610 is not fixed; the default is 300 to 2700Hz but it can be adjusted via the menu (Set > Tone Control/TBW > TX > SSB-D).  I've got mine set to 100 to 2900Hz, which is the widest possible.

--
Martin G0HDB

Brian Morrison

On Mon, 2021-08-16 at 16:33 +0100, Philip Rose via groups.io wrote:
On the iC-7300, FIL1 etc are only used in the RX path. The TX path has a fixed width filter.

That is not true, the 7300 Tx filter can be adjusted with individual control of low and high corner frequencies for SSB and SSB-D. I would think that the 7610 would be very similar.

--

Brian  G8SEZ