Topics

#WSJT-X v2.3.0-rc1 #wsjt-x

James Quick

I am running macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7 each time I try to run WSJT-X v2.3.0-rc1 I get the shared memory error. I opened the terminal and ran the command in the install guide restarted the computer and ran the command to check the shmmax and it shows 14680064. Thanks for any help or advice.

73

Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@...

Bill Somerville

On 15/10/2020 14:50, James Quick wrote:
I am running macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7 each time I try to run WSJT-X v2.3.0-rc1 I get the shared memory error. I opened the terminal and ran the command in the install guide restarted the computer and ran the command to check the shmmax and it shows 14680064. Thanks for any help or advice.

73
Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@...
Hi Jim,

see this recent message:

https://wsjtx.groups.io/g/main/message/16844

James Quick

Did all the things that should have worked. Even tried to run it with the terminal with no luck. Still get shared memory error. Looking for more help.

73

Jim Quick
n4ule@...

On Oct 15, 2020, at 10:04 AM, Bill Somerville <@g4wjs> wrote:

On 15/10/2020 14:50, James Quick wrote:
I am running macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7 each time I try to run WSJT-X v2.3.0-rc1 I get the shared memory error. I opened the terminal and ran the command in the install guide restarted the computer and ran the command to check the shmmax and it shows 14680064. Thanks for any help or advice.

73
Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@...
Hi Jim,

see this recent message:

https://wsjtx.groups.io/g/main/message/16844

Jim,

did you download the new sysctl.conf file, copy it to /etc/ and reboot?

On 16/10/2020 12:47, James Quick wrote:
[...]

I did not get the sysctl.conf file. Where do I find it?

Thanks for your help!

73

Jim Quick
n4ule@...

On Oct 16, 2020, at 7:48 AM, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

[...]

I posted a link to an old message which explained the issue and included a link to download the revised sysctl.conf file. The link is below at the bottom in the quoted text.

On 16/10/2020 12:57, James Quick wrote:
[...]

Bill,

That worked!! Sorry I over looked that. Thanks for the help.

73

Jim Quick
n4ule@...

On Oct 16, 2020, at 8:02 AM, Bill Somerville <@g4wjs> wrote:

Jim,

I posted a link to an old message which explained the issue and included a link to download the revised sysctl.conf file. The link is below at the bottom in the quoted text.

Hi Jim,

no problem, glad you are now up and running with WSJT-X v2.3.0 RC1 on you Mac.