Locked WSJT-X LOSES TUNE AND XMT CAPABILITY #general

Jim Bacher - WB8VSU

George, Microsoft is under political pressure to be ECO friendly. So the default energy settings for Windows, is to put USB devices to sleep if the screen saver kicks in. That causes the disconnect. You Need to go into Device Manager and turn off the power savings options on all of your USB devices that impact wsjt-x.

Jim Bacher, WB8VSU
wb8vsu@...
On May 14, 2021, at 9:52 AM, George <gnrporth@...> wrote:

 i am not an expert or claim to be. I lose tune and transmit capability on Wsjt using my signa link usb interface.  When this occurs my ability to use Multi-psk and other digital programs are also affected. I never run more than 20 watts and when I use my Icom703 at less than 5 w or less it will happen. I doubt it is caused by RFI in my situation.  There is no set procedure I can use to restore usb connection. From restarting the interface, unplug the usb line to resetting sound card settings to a reboot of my computer, etc. Each time restoration can be different.
i believe it is W10 issue,  because I never noticed this issue when I use my home brew serial port/usb interface with hard wired audio into the computer.
Just my .02 cents
73 George, Ny4fd

RICHARD GROSS

Rig is TS-120s, WSJT-X v2.3.1 0e7224. Earth Ground is 4 ft. copper rod located 6 ft. from my shack. Antenna is a Coax fed  40 meter 1/2 wave Dipole, Antenna Tuner is a Z-100 Plus. All equipment is grounded together. Windows 10 Home version 64 bit 20H2

RICHARD GROSS

I forgot to mention I have a SignaLink USB.

Phil - VK7ZPD

I have the same issue with RC4 (wspr mode). Tune works properly with tones being sent but on Tx, as with the other reports, the set is in TX but no audio.  I also have R2.2 installed on the same PC which behaves as it should so the issue has to be with RC4.  I usually  re-run the install to correct the problem, rebooting the PC, changing settings or toggling the transmit enable doesn’t bring RC4 tx audio back to life on my platform.  I’m using screened USB cables including ferrite sleeves, I have the set transmitting 0.5watt and have a common mode choke on the antenna feed.   Rx audio is fine and decodes are normal, its just the Tx audio that’s affected.

Andy Willms

I am pulling my hair out.  New to WSJT-X   I have a Yaesu 897D, USB Signalink and I keep getting INVALID CONFIG MSG.  It receives into computer fine but when I test CAT I get unknow host “USB”  NO SUCH HOST is KNOW.

Please help what setting is wrong.  ALSO the Bubble for REAR/Data I am not allowed to click on it.

ANDY 253 226 7563

KE7RTB

Sent from Mail for Windows 10