WSJT-X 2.3.0 and FLrig #Cat_RigControl

Chip Coker KD4C

Installed the latest update for WSJT-X (2.3.0) and it no longer works with FLrig.  Previous install of WSJT-X (2.2.2) worked fine with FLrig (multiple versions 1.3.48-1.3.53).  Just installed FLrig 1.3.54 with same results.

FLrig has no problem controlling my radio, and the new version of WSJT-X can control the radio directly (selecting the radio directly in WSJT-X), just not through FLrig.

The error is "Hamlib error  IO error rig.c(972):rig_open return while opening connection to the rig".

I can reinstall WSJT-X 2.2.2 and everything works as before.

Not sure if the problem is in WSJT-X or FLrig, or if there is a new incompatibility as I think one of the changes to WSJT-X was an update to Hamlib. Also, not sure how WSJT-X communicates to FLrig (XMLRPC? UDP?).

Platform is W10 V2004 19041.726

Any help appreciated - Tnx KD4C

Chris G4KVI

Similar situation here but c(745) error.

Robie - AJ4F

Any solution/work around for to resolve this issue?

Robie - AJ4F

Robie - AJ4F

Sorry for leaving out details of my previous post.

Receiving this error:

image.png

Using version 2.3 & window 10.  .

Version 2.2.2. works properly.

  I've seen some postings related to this error but no solutions

Robie - AJ4F

Bob Davis

https://wsjtx.groups.io/g/main/attachment/21842/0/hamlib_settings.json

This is the file that solved my problem. It has to be in each directory where the log file is at.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10