locked wsjt waterfall stops and no decodes #stopped_working

ny2ny

may have been answered before but the waterfall stops and decodes stop after about 10 minutes of no interaction. ?? didnt notice it on older versions.
--
jay ny2ny

AB8WD-Willie

If it is consistant to 10 minutes look at your power saving settings in relation to sound card and usb audio.
de ab8wd

M0PWX

The other one is if you have a HDMI external monitor, turn off sleep / screen saver for it, solved my issues a year or so back, as my radios are running wspr / QRSS / and various other protocols overnight, and as soon as the screen blanks the audio used to stop

Peter
M0PWX

M0PWX Grabber Page (qsl.net)<https://www.qsl.net/m0pwx/grabbers.htm>

If it is consistant to 10 minutes look at your power saving settings in relation to sound card and usb audio.
de ab8wd

Bob G8HGN

Yes, I agree with Peter. I had this issue about 18 months or so ago and it was an HDMI monitor problem. Since turning off sleep/screen saver. Not one recurrence of the fault.

Bob G8HGN

Michael Black

FYI...Windows 11 fixed this problem.
I used to have the problem too and now it's OK as of probably a year ago.
Mike W9MDB

On Monday, August 8, 2022 at 08:37:32 AM CDT, Bob G8HGN <g8hgn73@...> wrote:

Yes, I agree with Peter. I had this issue about 18 months or so ago and it was an HDMI monitor problem. Since turning off sleep/screen saver. Not one recurrence of the fault.

Bob G8HGN

ny2ny

Hi willie. Thanks for the response. Yes I have a 10 min timer on my computer to go to sleep mode. I guess it also puts the sound card to sleep!! Thanx for help! 73
--
jay ny2ny