locked Wrong country displayed #FT8

Alan

Running the latest WSJT version and Win 7 : Is anyone else seeing this. A station on 20m this morning IQ3ZL/GIRO the system looks at the GI part of GIRO and see's that as Northern Ireland not Italy. I've also seen it on some others as well.

Pietro Molina

I'm not sure that that call is completely legal...
In Italy we can't invent a suffix as GIRO and I think that has not been
asked for permission, The special callsign could be similar to IQ3GIRO
(asking to ministry) but not something/GIRO

Pietro I2OIM

Il giorno mer 25 mag 2022 alle ore 21:31 Alan via groups.io <g4gvb=
aol.co.uk@groups.io> ha scritto:

Running the latest WSJT version and Win 7 : Is anyone else seeing this. A
station on 20m this morning IQ3ZL/GIRO the system looks at the GI part of
GIRO and see's that as Northern Ireland not Italy. I've also seen it on
some others as well.

Dave Garber

I have seen others that add a state or something similar and it will treat
it as portable operation. also it may affect the log ( are we supposed
to remove that suffix in our log, or is lotw/eql going to include that
suffix

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Thu, May 26, 2022 at 4:00 AM Pietro Molina <pietro@...>
wrote:

I'm not sure that that call is completely legal...
In Italy we can't invent a suffix as GIRO and I think that has not been
asked for permission, The special callsign could be similar to IQ3GIRO
(asking to ministry) but not something/GIRO

Pietro I2OIM

Il giorno mer 25 mag 2022 alle ore 21:31 Alan via groups.io <g4gvb=
aol.co.uk@groups.io> ha scritto:

Running the latest WSJT version and Win 7 : Is anyone else seeing this. A
station on 20m this morning IQ3ZL/GIRO the system looks at the GI part of
GIRO and see's that as Northern Ireland not Italy. I've also seen it on
some others as well.

Ellis Birt (G7SAI)

I am sure you are right, but from June 1st, some UK stations will be using the optional /70, with or without the regional indicator 'Q' to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee.

For example, G7SAI/70, GQ7SAI and GQ7SAI/70 are all valid during June.

Similarly MQ and 2Q prefixes.

73 de Ellis G7SAI

It’ll take a while for GQ to be recognised for each of the countries. Like for GB most apps will decode England then look in the exceptions in their appropriate country list for other UK and CD countries.

Not decided whether it’ll be worth applying for GQ3ZZA yet.

The /70 suffix should not get decoded as a valid country as it’s not a valid prefix.

73 Phil GM3ZZA

Sent from Mail for Windows

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

Alan

I don't know about LoTW, but for eQSL an account would have to be made for whatever/GIRO by the owner of whatever/GIRO otherwise any eQSL's sent to whatever/GIRO would not get there.If you own whatever/GIRO and remove the suffix before sending the eQSL you would stand a good chance of having your eQSL rejected as it wasn't the call worked.
Alan