Topics

moderated Worked B4 issue

Bill Parris

Using WSJT-X with JT Alert.  Stations worked B4 show up in JTAlert in Yellow.  I would like to only have stations worked B4 on the band I am using rather than is the current case, it shows as Worked B4 on any band.  In going to JTAlert under Worked B4 tab I see a note: "If the QRG is not set in WSJT-X, and if the decoded Callsign previously worked, regardless of band, it will be flagged as worked B4"  I have been unable to find anything in WSJT-X to set that has anything to do with Frequency or "QRG".  What do I need to do to only see worked B4 on the band I am using.  Been searching for days on this issue.  Thanks Bill

Reino Talarmo

Hi Bill,

This may be a JTAlert issue (I am not using it myself), but in wsjt-x Colors there are selections ‘New XXXX on Band’. Have you selected those?

73, Reino OH3mA

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill Parris
Sent: 20. marraskuuta 2020 22:30
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] Worked B4 issue

Using WSJT-X with JT Alert.  Stations worked B4 show up in JTAlert in Yellow.  I would like to only have stations worked B4 on the band I am using rather than is the current case, it shows as Worked B4 on any band.  In going to JTAlert under Worked B4 tab I see a note: "If the QRG is not set in WSJT-X, and if the decoded Callsign previously worked, regardless of band, it will be flagged as worked B4"  I have been unable to find anything in WSJT-X to set that has anything to do with Frequency or "QRG".  What do I need to do to only see worked B4 on the band I am using.  Been searching for days on this issue.  Thanks Bill

neil_zampella

Bill ... when you change the band in WSJT-X, the frequency will be sent to JT-Alert.  If you're just tuning manually, and not using CAT control to the rig, you're going to see that issue.   What you need to do is if you tune manually to a  band, manually change the band showing in WSJT-X to the one you're working.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 09:40 PM, Bill Parris wrote:

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 21/11/2020 7:30 am, Bill Parris wrote:

The QRG terminology was used in the old JT65-HF days (pre wsjt-x).
It is your rig frequency as shown to the right of your Band selector.

For many WSJT-X users without cat control, it is not uncommon to be running WSJT-X with a frequency of "0.000 000". In that case JTAlert doesn't know what band your operating so cannot provide accurate Band specific B4 checks. FWIW, HamSpots dumps many thousands of spots every day due to people spotting without their frequency being set in WSJT-X. It is not uncommon to be running with no frequency set.

I will update the JTAlert documentation terminology to replace QRG with "Rig Frequency".

de Laurie VK3AMA

careyfisher@...

QRGWill you tell me my exact frequency? Your exact frequency is ___ kHz.

73, WB4HXE, Carey

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 10:42 PM neil_zampella <neilz@...> wrote:

Bill ... when you change the band in WSJT-X, the frequency will be sent to JT-Alert.  If you're just tuning manually, and not using CAT control to the rig, you're going to see that issue.   What you need to do is if you tune manually to a  band, manually change the band showing in WSJT-X to the one you're working.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 09:40 PM, Bill Parris wrote:

--
Carey Fisher

--
73, Carey, WB4HXE