Topics

sticky Windows audio and sleep mode

Frank W2YK

When my PC turns the screen off (not sleep mode), and then wakes up again, WSJT receives OK.  But when I try to transmit, the CAT/PTT stuff works OK, but no audio is sent to the rig.  I have to restart WSJT to actually transmit a signal.  I just changes PCs, and this didn't happen with my previous PC.  Both were running Win10 through a microKeyerIII to a Yaesu FTDX101.  This may be more of a PC question...  I just don't know where to look...

Thanks, Frank W2YK

rcktscientist64

Mine did that when the screen saver came on on the HDMI monitor. I disabled the audio driver for that monitor and it has worked since.

Bruce - K5WBM

On Sep 18, 2020, at 3:56 PM, Frank W2YK <W2YK@...> wrote:

When my PC turns the screen off (not sleep mode), and then wakes up again, WSJT receives OK. But when I try to transmit, the CAT/PTT stuff works OK, but no audio is sent to the rig. I have to restart WSJT to actually transmit a signal. I just changes PCs, and this didn't happen with my previous PC. Both were running Win10 through a microKeyerIII to a Yaesu FTDX101. This may be more of a PC question... I just don't know where to look...

Thanks, Frank W2YK

Frank W2YK

I'm using 3 monitors, 2xHDMI and 1 Display Port.  The old system has one HDMI, a DVI and VGA!.  I'll play around...

Thanks