Topics

VS: [WSJTX] ADIF Master and wsjt_log.adi compatibility #WSJTX_config

Reino Talarmo

Hi Radi,

Just use any text editor such as Notepad. You need to open using that text editor program as you got Adifmaster installed. Cut and paste or copy and paste as appropriate from one log file to another one. Save the result so that Windows don’t add .txt to the filename or remove .txt by renaming the combined file.

Remember to check that you have only a single header (or none) at the beginning of the file.

Of course that method may be more complicated, if the QSOs you want amend are distributed all over the source file.

I think that also adif generate by the Adifmaster will be ok. You may take copies of the adif files and experiment by those.

73, Reino OH3mA

Lähettäjä: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] Puolesta Radivoj Kar, f6gnz via groups.io
Lähetetty: 07 April 2021 19:53
Vastaanottaja: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Aihe: Re: [WSJTX] ADIF Master and wsjt_log.adi compatibility #WSJTX_config

Hi Carl,
Thanks for the response. You said ADIF Master is not needed. But then which application to use to open the wsjt_log.adi , cut QSOs from certain date blocks and create two new .adi files, one containing remaining QSOs and other cut and pasted QSO groups.
Now, Windows opens the log with ADIF Master as default application, but I am not sure that if I save logs from ADIF Master if the resulting logs would be legitimate for wsjtx !
Please clarify.
73, Radi f6gnz

Sam Birnbaum

Hi All,

As I have seen a few threads regarding adi files merge questions. 
I am just finishing an enhancement to my Alltext.exe program to facilitate 
appending ADIF records from one adi file to another. The program 
will take care so that no duplicates will exists in the destination file no matter 
how many times the same files are used. Should be ready before the weekend.

Sam W2JDB

-----Original Message-----
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Apr 7, 2021 1:11 pm
Subject: VS: [WSJTX] ADIF Master and wsjt_log.adi compatibility #WSJTX_config

Hi Radi,
Just use any text editor such as Notepad. You need to open using that text editor program as you got Adifmaster installed. Cut and paste or copy and paste as appropriate from one log file to another one. Save the result so that Windows don’t add .txt to the filename or remove .txt by renaming the combined file.
Remember to check that you have only a single header (or none) at the beginning of the file.
Of course that method may be more complicated, if the QSOs you want amend are distributed all over the source file.
I think that also adif generate by the Adifmaster will be ok. You may take copies of the adif files and experiment by those.
73, Reino OH3mA

Lähettäjä: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] Puolesta Radivoj Kar, f6gnz via groups.io

Hi Carl,
Thanks for the response. You said ADIF Master is not needed. But then which application to use to open the wsjt_log.adi , cut QSOs from certain date blocks and create two new .adi files, one containing remaining QSOs and other cut and pasted QSO groups.
Now, Windows opens the log with ADIF Master as default application, but I am not sure that if I save logs from ADIF Master if the resulting logs would be legitimate for wsjtx !
Please clarify.
73, Radi f6gnz

You can merge ADIF files using any text editor as long as you keep the lines between each <EOR> together.

73 Phil GM3ZZA

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 07 April 2021 19:23
To: reino.talarmo@...; main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: VS: [WSJTX] ADIF Master and wsjt_log.adi compatibility #WSJTX_config

Hi All,

will take care so that no duplicates will exists in the destination file no matter 

Sam W2JDB

Hi Radi,

73, Reino OH3mA

Hi Carl,
Please clarify.
73, Radi f6gnz

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

Sam Birnbaum

Hi All,

A new version of the AllText.exe (ver 1.0.1.44) has been uploaded to https://groups.io/g/ProgramsByW2JDB
This new version now includes the ability to append ADIF records from one ADI file to any other.
Multiple runs using  the same files or any other source file will NOT produce any duplicate entries.

Here is a screen shot and a sample log run:

ADIFMerge.jpg

04/08/2021 3:14:52 PM Open C:\Users\sambi\Downloads\w2jdb.95291.20210307134353.adi
... Checking for <eoh>
... Found end of header <eoh>.

04/08/2021 3:14:52 PM Open C:\Users\sambi\Downloads\w2jdb.95291.20210313154913.adi
... Checking for <eoh>
... Found end of header <eoh>.

04/08/2021 3:14:52 PM Build speed up index using C:\Users\sambi\Downloads\w2jdb.95291.20210313154913.adi

04/08/2021 3:14:52 PM Speed Up index complete with 5825 entries

04/08/2021 3:14:52 PM Appending from C:\Users\sambi\Downloads\w2jdb.95291.20210307134353.adi

... Error: ADIF Record Missing Band/Freq - line # 287607
<app_qrzlog_logid:9>590677455
<app_qrzlog_status:1>N
<band:5>Error
<band_rx:5>Error

<rst_rcvd:1>2
<rst_sent:2>-3
<state:2>NY
<station_callsign:5>W2JDB
<time_off:4>0030
<time_on:4>0030
<tx_pwr:3>100
<eor>

04/08/2021 3:14:52 PM Append process complete:
  Processed 5826 Append Records
      0 ADIF records were appended
      5825 Duplicate duplicate records skipped
      1 ADIF records with missing data were not appended

Sam W2JDB

To: reino.talarmo@... <reino.talarmo@...>; main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Apr 7, 2021 2:22 pm
Subject: Re: VS: [WSJTX] ADIF Master and wsjt_log.adi compatibility #WSJTX_config

Hi All,

Sam W2JDB

Hi Radi,
73, Reino OH3mA

Hi Carl,
Please clarify.
73, Radi f6gnz

Radivoj Kar, f6gnz

Hi Reino and All; After testing:
ADIF MASTER WORKS FB FOR EDITING AND LOG MERGING !

Just done: With ADIF Master opened initial HOME log wsjtx_log.adi  that contained by error logged several portable QSO blocks which had to be saved in a second WSJTX instance log file. To extract these QSOs from this Home log, I noted start/end dates of each portable operation (identified by a different Grid Locator) . From Home log, opened filtered dates of the first portable QSO group, and  Saved As QSY1.adi
Re-opened initial Home log, filtered second portable QSO group dates, saved as QSY2.adi, etc..
After filtering out all portable QSO blocks, then from the second WSLT instance folder I opened my Portable wsjt_log.adi log with ADIF Master and merged (via File | Merge ADIF log) one after another QSY1.adi, QSY2.adi ... etc. Then in the Portable instance WSJTX Folder I Saved it As wsjtx_log.adi , being the new Portable Log, that replaced the old one. Then, deleted QSY1, QSY2...and kept only the newly created wsjtx_log .adi  file in the second WSJT instance folder.

Performed same operations to extract Home QSO blocks from the old Home log, opened first Home1.adi block and merged the others, then Saved AS the New Home wsjtx_log.adi file. (Unfortunately ADIF Master has no provision to delete filtered blocks and keep only the Home ones..)

To check if all OK, started WSJTX program, made several QSOs, closed WSJTX and with ADIF Master opened wsjt_log.adi : newly made QSOs were added to the rest!

Just a small warning: when filtering dates, enter one day before the start of wanted date group under "From" date, otherwise the first QSO of wanted group will be skipped!!

No need to watch for the FILE HEADER!

73 and GL,
Radi f6gnz

Best 73 and GL