Topics

sticky v2.3.0 RC1 - FT4 sequencing broken

Jim Reisert AD1C

I noticed two problems with FT4 sequencing:

1. Double-clicking on a station to can set the "Tx even/1st"
incorrectly. It was supposed to be checked, it was not. This led me
to make 3-4 calls with the wrong sequencing before I stopped and
realized what was wrong when I heard the DX on the same sequence as my
transmitter.

2. Receiving RR73 from the other station toggled (or cleared) "Tx
even/1st" so my 73 was sent on top of his NEXT transmission.

Both of these happened when I tried to work EA8AQV on 20m this
afternoon (14080).

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@...>, https://www.ad1c.us

Bill Somerville

On 30/09/2020 22:10, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
I noticed two problems with FT4 sequencing:

1.  Double-clicking on a station to can set the "Tx even/1st"
incorrectly.  It was supposed to be checked, it was not.  This led me
to make 3-4 calls with the wrong sequencing before I stopped and
realized what was wrong when I heard the DX on the same sequence as my
transmitter.

2.  Receiving RR73 from the other station toggled (or cleared) "Tx
even/1st" so my 73 was sent on top of his NEXT transmission.

Both of these happened when I tried to work EA8AQV on 20m this
afternoon (14080).

-- Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@...>, https://www.ad1c.us

Hi Jim,

thanks for the issue report, this is a know regression in WSJT-X v2.3.0 RC1, it is related to odd/2nd period decodes being printed with a incorrect timestamp. It is fixed for the next release.

N1QDQ

O have noticed 2.2.2 also fails to autosequence messages. I either rx or tx a properly formatted message and the sequence hangs. I’ll be sure to watch out for the even/1st setting. That would be a bigger issue :)

Pete, N1QDQ