locked Use of hardware com port 1 causes WSJT-X to throw and error... #wsjt-x-crashing

NO9B

Good Day:
I didn't see a solution for this topic.
I have tried using PSTRotator and DXSuite-DXView to control my rotor using COM port 1 which is a DB9 on the back of the computer, the radio is an IC7300 plugged in using the USB cable.
If I bring up the rotor program and command it to move the rotor WSJT-X will crash asking me to reconnect which I cannot.
The only way I can get WSJT-X to connect to the radio again is to reboot the computer.
Killing the offending program doesn't help.

Suggestions?

Thanks
Steve

Dave Garber

what port are you using in wsjt for cat control and ptt ( the usb port )
and is it different than com1

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 12:10 AM NO9B <no9b@...> wrote:

Good Day:
I didn't see a solution for this topic.
I have tried using PSTRotator and DXSuite-DXView to control my rotor using
COM port 1 which is a DB9 on the back of the computer, the radio is an
IC7300 plugged in using the USB cable.
If I bring up the rotor program and command it to move the rotor WSJT-X
will crash asking me to reconnect which I cannot.
The only way I can get WSJT-X to connect to the radio again is to reboot
the computer.
Killing the offending program doesn't help.

Suggestions?

Thanks
Steve

NO9B

Hi Dave:
The computer com port is 1 being used by the Rotor, the WSJT-x/Radio com port is 6.
Thanks
Steve