Trying to install Linux WSJTX #linux

Dennis Jacobson

Hello again all... I'm trying to configure the settings in WSJTX Linux system.. But when I go to select Radio, there is no Kenwood TS-2000 listed for me to select... How do I go about having that added to the Radio list in the Linux version...
Thanks all..
Dennis N6NG

Bill Somerville

On 03/05/2021 20:30, Dennis Jacobson wrote:
Hello again all... I'm trying to configure the settings in WSJTX Linux system.. But when I go to select Radio, there is no Kenwood TS-2000 listed for me to select... How do I go about having that added to the Radio list in the Linux version...
Thanks all..
Dennis N6NG
Hi Dennis,

which version of WSJT-X are you installing? The Kenwood TS-2000 has been supported for many years.

Jon Hall

Hi Dennis,

I've got it installed on ubuntu - I'm not a linux wizard or anything [just not keen on windoz] .

I also have the ts2000 , believe me if it was not easy-peasy I would not use wsjtx.

I'm sure ts2000 is there - maybe further up/down than you are looking ..?

Brian Morrison

On Tue, 2021-05-04 at 06:44 -0700, Jon Hall wrote:

Hi Dennis,

I've got it installed on ubuntu - I'm not a linux wizard or anything [just not keen on windoz] .

I also have the ts2000 , believe me if it was not easy-peasy I would not use wsjtx.

I'm sure ts2000 is there - maybe further up/down than you are looking ..?

Not sure how relevant this is, but on my Fedora system (both 33 and 34) some of the drop down lists in the UI don't show fully and do not seem to create a scroll bar. It is possible to use arrow keys to go below the visible part of the list but not a lot of use as you can't see what was there.

For this reason I found it very difficult to find the internal USB soundcards in my IC-7300 because the one I wanted was at the end of a long list and it drops off the bottom of the screen, requiring trial and error to get the right thing selected.

Perhaps this is something the developers could have a look at?

--

Brian  G8SEZ

Les

One of the programs had the B2000 instead of TS-2000.  That’s the headless model and worked with my TS2Kx.

73, AA5NA- Les

On May 4, 2021, at 10:45 AM, Jon Hall <jonrhall@...> wrote:

Hi Dennis,

I've got it installed on ubuntu - I'm not a linux wizard or anything [just not keen on windoz] .

I also have the ts2000 , believe me if it was not easy-peasy I would not use wsjtx.

I'm sure ts2000 is there - maybe further up/down than you are looking ..?

Dennis Jacobson

On Tue, May 4, 2021 at 10:42 AM, Jon Hall wrote:
.Well I downloaded version wsjtx_2.3.1_amd64.deb and didni't find it on the list of radios available in that version.
Was it on the list in your version Jon?  I would like to know which version you installed...
Thanks Bill and Jon.

Dennis Jacobson

Ok... I missed it... wasn't where I was thinking it would be. But it was there after all.. Thanks and sorry..
Dennis N6NG

Dennis Jacobson

Jon, can you tell me what settings you ended up using?  Keep me from going though the same problems? And what interface are you using?
Thanks again Jon
Dennis N6NG

Jeff Stillinger

The Kenwood TS2000 is there for Linux users.   It's between the 140S and 440S.   Both on version 2.3.1 and 2.4.0-RC4.    It is recommended that you build WSJT-X from source on the Linux platform.  Remember whenever you are installing from a pre-built package (even "official" repositories), it's someone else's work.   Who knows what they did or didn't do to it.   The instructions are simple and strait forward to perform the source build.

On 5/3/21 2:30 PM, Dennis Jacobson wrote:
Hello again all... I'm trying to configure the settings in WSJTX Linux system.. But when I go to select Radio, there is no Kenwood TS-2000 listed for me to select... How do I go about having that added to the Radio list in the Linux version...
Thanks all..
Dennis N6NG

--
Jeff Stillinger - KB6IBB