Topics

locked sticky Trouble launching WSJTX on Mac 64bit os 10.12.6

Michael Rieger

Hello everyone.  I just joined this group today and have a question that hopefully can be answered.  Please forgive me if this has already been covered; I tried to find documentation on this issue without any success.  The download and install of the program went just fine.  However when I try to launch the program I get 2 error messages about shared memory.  I have attached screenshots below.  Does anyone know why this is happening and a possible remedy for it?

Thanks,

Michael Rieger
KJ7BRM

Paul Mitchell

G’day Michael,

I run 32 GBytes of which 18 is gobbled up. How much memory are you running please? RAM that is. I am also Ron macOS 10.15.6

Kind regards,

Paul.

On 9 Sep 2020, at 10:55 am, Michael Rieger via groups.io <thedivemen=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello everyone. I just joined this group today and have a question that hopefully can be answered. Please forgive me if this has already been covered; I tried to find documentation on this issue without any success. The download and install of the program went just fine. However when I try to launch the program I get 2 error messages about shared memory. I have attached screenshots below. Does anyone know why this is happening and a possible remedy for it?

Thanks,

Michael Rieger
KJ7BRM<Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 5.34.51 PM.png><Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 5.34.57 PM.png>

Andy McMullin

Hi Michael,

Did you follow the instruction in the read me file about copying sysctl.conf to your system? It sets up the shared memory segments. Without it you cannot create them.

You can check that it worked OK by opening a terminal and typing:

sysctl -a | grep sysv.shm

and seeing shmmax is 14680064

I hope this helps

Regards
Andy, G8TQH

On 9 Sep 2020, at 01:55, Michael Rieger via groups.io <thedivemen=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello everyone. I just joined this group today and have a question that hopefully can be answered. Please forgive me if this has already been covered; I tried to find documentation on this issue without any success. The download and install of the program went just fine. However when I try to launch the program I get 2 error messages about shared memory. I have attached screenshots below. Does anyone know why this is happening and a possible remedy for it?

Thanks,

Michael Rieger
KJ7BRM<Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 5.34.51 PM.png><Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 5.34.57 PM.png>

Michael Rieger

Andy,

Just wanted to let you know that your suggestion worked. I’m up and running. Thanks again. One question as I’m new here, do I need to log somewhere or send an email or message that my query has been solved so others don’t feel the need to respond? I just want to make sure I’m following proper etiquette.

Best,

Mike
KJ7BRM

On Sep 9, 2020, at 1:33 AM, Andy McMullin <Andy.McMullin@...> wrote:

[...]

Mike,

As far as I am aware, your note saying it worked should be enough. The email system is threaded so people following the thread will see that you’re now working.

Regards
Andy, G8TQH