Locked same station on different bands #NewUser

Bob W7DIT

Hi,

After spending a half year only working FT8 on 20m, I've started working on 12m too. I was surprised to learn that stations I've worked on 20m also appear green in 12m. That makes it hard to figure out who I have and who I have not worked before on 12m. Is there a WSJT-X setting I missed that fixes this?

Thanks,
Bob W7DIT

Bill, WB6JJJ

Bob,
The program JTAlert can provide that band-by-band information.
It works great and integrates easily with WSJT-X.

Bill
WB6JJJ

-----Original Message-----
From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob W7DIT
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2023 1:50 PM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] same station on different bands #NewUser

Hi,

After spending a half year only working FT8 on 20m, I've started working on 12m too. I was surprised to learn that stations I've worked on 20m also appear green in 12m. That makes it hard to figure out who I have and who I have not worked before on 12m. Is there a WSJT-X setting I missed that fixes this?

Thanks,
Bob W7DIT

Steve Lively, AF1SL

I use WSJT-X for FT-8 on multiple bands and it color codes by band for me. It only shows green for contacts I've made on that particular band. I am on a Mac, so that may be different behavior than Windows or other OS's.

Steve Lively
AF1SL
360-535-3003
stevelively@...

On Jan 27, 2023, at 16:52, Bill, WB6JJJ <bill@...> wrote:

´╗┐Bob,
The program JTAlert can provide that band-by-band information.
It works great and integrates easily with WSJT-X.

Bill
WB6JJJ

-----Original Message-----
From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob W7DIT
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2023 1:50 PM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] same station on different bands #NewUser

Hi,

Thanks,
Bob W7DIT

I'm away from my shack at the moment, but the default colour configuration identifies the differently. I think for worked before but on a different band is a paler shade of green.

There is a settings page that allows you to change this. Browse the settings: File->Settings etc.

Phil GM3ZZA

On 27 January 2023, at 21:50, Bob W7DIT <cent@...> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,
Bob W7DIT

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

Bob W7DIT

My "New Call on Band" was unchecked. It's working fine now. Thanks everyone!

Bob W7DIT

Reino Talarmo

Go to File | Settings | Colors and check 'New call on Band'. At least in my V2.6.1. it is un-checked by default. The 'New call' is also un-checked by default.
73, Reino OH3mA