From: Thomas Testa via groups.io
Sent: 12 October 2021 07:30
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] S.O.S #adiFiles

My main computer crashed and I lost everything for WSJTX..  I had my log backed up to a ADI file on a external drive.I have
installed WSJT on a  back up system but  I cannot remember how to get my log back into WSJT X.

                                                                                            TNX Tom,N2UFM

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

Thomas Testa

Hi Phil I did what you suggested but the program isn’t reading the ADI file on startup. I am trying to remember how to get my file explorer on WINDOWS 7 to show the hidden. wsjt_log. ADI file.

On Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 3:13 AM, Philip Rose via groups.io <gm3zza@...> wrote:

On WSJT-X File->open log directory. Copy and paste the external log into that directory.

73 Phil GM3ZZA

Sent from Mail for Windows

My main computer crashed and I lost everything for WSJTX..  I had my log backed up to a ADI file on a external drive.I have
installed WSJT on a  back up system but  I cannot remember how to get my log back into WSJT X.

                                                                                            TNX Tom,N2UFM

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

Bill Somerville

Hi Thomas,

the file is not hidden. If you use "Menu->File->Open log directory" you will see the file there. Windows may be hiding the file extension, which can be very confusing. If file extensions are hidden then there will be another column in the directory listing showing the file type, that should show ADI, if it shows as TXT then you have probably saved the file in Notepad.exe or similar which has renamed the file as wsjtx_log.adi.txt , if so you need to get rid of the ".txt" on the end.

On 12/10/2021 15:18, Thomas Testa via groups.io wrote:
Hi Phil I did what you suggested but the program isn’t reading the ADI file on startup. I am trying to remember how to get my file explorer on WINDOWS 7 to show the hidden. wsjt_log. ADI file.

On Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 3:13 AM, Philip Rose via groups.io <gm3zza@...> wrote:

On WSJT-X File->open log directory. Copy and paste the external log into that directory.

73 Phil GM3ZZA

Sent from Mail for Windows

My main computer crashed and I lost everything for WSJTX..  I had my log backed up to a ADI file on a external drive.I have
installed WSJT on a  back up system but  I cannot remember how to get my log back into WSJT X.

                                                                                            TNX Tom,N2UFM

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

mike s

Hi Thomas,

In Windows File Explorer substitute your username for "Owner" in the string below.

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\WSJT-X
--
Mike - KM2B

Bill Somerville

On 13/10/2021 11:11, mike s wrote:
Hi Thomas,

In Windows File Explorer substitute your username for "Owner" in the string below.

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\WSJT-X
--
Mike - KM2B

Hi Mike & Thomas,

the correct location on MS Windows is "%LocalAppData%\WSJT-X" as noted in the WSJT-X User Guide here:

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.5.0.html#_file_locations