Rig keys during receive #Kenwood

N2KPJ

I looked for a thread that might answer my problem but found nothing that helped. After I connect to a station calling CQ and after I send out the Tx3 and rig goes back into receive the rig will suddenly key up once or twice all on its own while in the receive mode. It seems to decode the transmission ok from the station I am connected to but thought someone might have an answer because it is definitely not something that should be occurring. Thanks, Tom N2KPJ

Dave Garber

make sure you do not have a beep or two coming out of the usb codec, instead of a speaker, when logged

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Sun, Nov 21, 2021 at 6:03 PM N2KPJ <trgrant123@...> wrote:
I looked for a thread that might answer my problem but found nothing that helped. After I connect to a station calling CQ and after I send out the Tx3 and rig goes back into receive the rig will suddenly key up once or twice all on its own while in the receive mode. It seems to decode the transmission ok from the station I am connected to but thought someone might have an answer because it is definitely not something that should be occurring. Thanks, Tom N2KPJ

N2KPJ

The only time it occurs is after the Tx3 so not sure where a beep would come from that only appears after the Tx3.

Bill Somerville

On 21/11/2021 21:19, N2KPJ wrote:
I looked for a thread that might answer my problem but found nothing that helped. After I connect to a station calling CQ and after I send out the Tx3 and rig goes back into receive the rig will suddenly key up once or twice all on its own while in the receive mode. It seems to decode the transmission ok from the station I am connected to but thought someone might have an answer because it is definitely not something that should be occurring. Thanks, Tom N2KPJ
Hi Tom,

how is your rig connected to your PC for audio and PTT? Which option do you have selected for "Settings->Radio->PTT Method"?

KA9CAR John

Do you have vox turned on.  The radio hears the signals and trips vox.  ??

N2KPJ

No just checked vox is not turned on.

N2KPJ

Rig is a TS-480sat connected to a Signalink and then to the computer. It's just strange why it only does this after the Tx3 and not after any other Tx_. That is why I don't think it's a sound card issue because it is consistent after the Tx3 every time. I would think soundcard or Signalink or even something running in background on computer would cause it to happen at other times.

Dave Garber

still sounds like signalink is transferring pc audio to your radio. turn sound off on jtalert, and see if problem goes away... turn off windows sound alerts, just to see if tx goes away.  it will give you a hint

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On 23/11/2021 00:05, N2KPJ wrote:
Rig is a TS-480sat connected to a Signalink and then to the computer. It's just strange why it only does this after the Tx3 and not after any other Tx_. That is why I don't think it's a sound card issue because it is consistent after the Tx3 every time. I would think soundcard or Signalink or even something running in background on computer would cause it to happen at other times.
Hi Tom,

make sure your PC soundcard is the one selected as the system default and default communications device. This ensures that only applications directly selecting the SignaLink USB audio codec will send audio to the SIgnaLink USB.

N2KPJ

To all on this thread I thank you for your great suggestions! As a result I found that my problem has gone away and rig no longer keys up during receive. I finally narrowed it down to the DX spotting turned on in my N3FJP logging program. I disabled the DX spotting and my problem is now resolved!! :)

Bill Somerville

On 23/11/2021 21:32, N2KPJ wrote:
To all on this thread I thank you for your great suggestions! As a result I found that my problem has gone away and rig no longer keys up during receive. I finally narrowed it down to the DX spotting turned on in my N3FJP logging program. I disabled the DX spotting and my problem is now resolved!! :)
Tom,

you have not resolved the issue, all you have done is eliminate one source of extraneous sounds going to your SignaLink USB. The fix it properly you must change your system default audio devices to your PC sound card. You clearly have your default soundcard assignment set to your SignaLink USB audio devices, which makes you yet another op who is broadcasting their PC system sounds through their transmitters!