Topics

Numerous glitches with my upgrade to 2.3.1 #FT8 #BugReport

Jim Simon

I've encountered some problems since upgrading from 2.2 to 2.3.1:

1) When I click on the up arrow to change frequency on the waterfall, about 20% of the time on a seemingly random basis, I get an error message "Rig Control Error - Do you want to reconfigure the radio interface?" When I click through that, I get the Radio page under Settings, I click "OK" without making any changes, and things return to normal. Any ideas why this is happening?

2) On a random basis, all the signals on the waterfall spectrum spontaneously shift to the right half of the view, leaving the left essentially empty with all the signals crammed together on the right. Then after a few minutes, without any action on my part, the signals on the spectrum shift back to a normal spread. What could be causing this?

Thanks.

Jim  W1YY

Bill Somerville

On 07/04/2021 15:36, Jim Simon wrote:
I've encountered some problems since upgrading from 2.2 to 2.3.1:

1) When I click on the up arrow to change frequency on the waterfall, about 20% of the time on a seemingly random basis, I get an error message "Rig Control Error - Do you want to reconfigure the radio interface?" When I click through that, I get the Radio page under Settings, I click "OK" without making any changes, and things return to normal. Any ideas why this is happening?

2) On a random basis, all the signals on the waterfall spectrum spontaneously shift to the right half of the view, leaving the left essentially empty with all the signals crammed together on the right. Then after a few minutes, without any action on my part, the signals on the spectrum shift back to a normal spread. What could be causing this?

Thanks.

Jim  W1YY
Hi Jim,

what rig are you using, and how is it connected to you PC for CAT and PTT control?

Gary - AG0N

On Apr 7, 2021, at 8:36 AM, Jim Simon <jhsw1yy@...> wrote:

On a random basis, all the signals on the waterfall spectrum spontaneously shift to the right half of the view, leaving the left essentially empty with all the signals crammed together on the right. Then after a few minutes, without any action on my part, the signals on the spectrum shift back to a normal spread. What could be causing this?

Take a look around when that happens and see if the radio and/or the frequency indication in WSJT-X have changed.  It sounds like you are shifting frequency on receive.  I assume you are running CAT control and choosing the correct “channel” frequency.

Gary - AG0N

Jim Simon

Bill, the rig is an FTDX101MP, and the connection is  USB serial port emulation.

Ted

When is the next GA Release?

73, K7TRK