No FT8 on 40 Meters???? #wsjt-x #band

Jim Robinson

Strangely I have heard no FT8 activity at all on 7.071 or 7.074 for at least 2 weeks.  The problem isn't with either of my two transceivers--40 meters is otherwise alive and active on them but on 7.071 and 7.074, listening provides only the sound of silence.  I've periodically tuned to 40 during both daytime and night hours.  What's going on?

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

Your radio perhaps hasn't selected a dummy load or no antenna for that band has it?  There is lots of FT-8 activity on 7.074.

73
Bob, K4TAX

Bill Parris

Jim .... it is easy to conclude there is no activity.  But look at the vertical bar on the left side of the screen.  Adjust it down where it is not stuck at the top.  When it is swinging from 60 to 80, the band will come alive.  I use a 7300 and the RF knob adjusts it easily.

Good luck.

Bill, AA4R