Topics

No decode in 2.2.2 after upgrade from 2.1

jdpmail

Hi, Thanks for the add.  I had been running WSJT 2.1 without a problem. I upgraded to 2.2.2 and now I cannot get anything to decode.  Computer OS Win 10.  I see the signals in the waterfall.  The decode flashes put nothing decodes.  Singal in the green. I have tried going back to 2.1 now it doesn't decode.  Then went back to 2.2.2 still the same.
Any suggestions.
Thanks.
Jim 
KA3GKG

Reino Talarmo

Hi Jim,

With that information the classical first question is whether your PC time is correct, say within 1 second. You may check it using time.is net service.

73, Reino OH3mA

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of jdpmail
Sent: 17. lokakuuta 2020 15:59
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] No decode in 2.2.2 after upgrade from 2.1

Hi, Thanks for the add.  I had been running WSJT 2.1 without a problem. I upgraded to 2.2.2 and now I cannot get anything to decode.  Computer OS Win 10.  I see the signals in the waterfall.  The decode flashes put nothing decodes.  Singal in the green. I have tried going back to 2.1 now it doesn't decode.  Then went back to 2.2.2 still the same.
Any suggestions.
Thanks.
Jim 
KA3GKG

jdpmail

HI Reino,
Thanks for the reply.  I use Dimension for my time sync.
So more information since original post.
I was trying to use my Multus Proficio SDR for the rig. It had been working well with 2.1
I switched to my IC-7300(always trying to think of another way to trouble shoot) and and installed 2.2.2 and it works fine.( I am using HRD for rig control)
So I suspect my issue is with the audio of the SDR.
Thanks for your help.
Jim
KA3GKG

Bill Somerville

On 18/10/2020 13:43, jdpmail wrote:
HI Reino,
Thanks for the reply.  I use Dimension for my time sync.
So more information since original post.
I was trying to use my Multus Proficio SDR for the rig. It had been working well with 2.1
I switched to my IC-7300(always trying to think of another way to trouble shoot) and and installed 2.2.2 and it works fine.( I am using HRD for rig control)
So I suspect my issue is with the audio of the SDR.
Thanks for your help.
Jim
KA3GKG
Hi Jim,

that SDR only has I/Q output, are you using their SDR console application for demodulation?

Check that there is not excessive latency delivering Rx audio to WSJT-X, you can do a rough check by looking at the times signals appear to start on the WSJT-X waterfall.

Bill
G4WJS.

jdpmail

Hi Bill,
Thanks for the reply.  You gave me an idea.  I my reinstalling software I must have reset my RVC I/Q balance of the SDR...  I rebalnced and now recived fine with Multus Proficio SDR and 2.2.2.   Now if I can figure out my rig control.
What Kenwood model is the same as the TS-2000.   That is what I used to use for my SDR rig control from WSJT.  I don't see the TS-2000 in v2.2.2?
Thanks
Jim 
KA3GKG

jdpmail

Nevermind i found the TS-2000.  must have been scrolling right past it.