locked New to WSJTX, need some help! #TechnicalHelpQuestion #Windows10 #WSJTX_config

Frank C.

I'm new to WSJT-X and I'm trying to set up things, currently, to receive JT65 specifically as a "getting my feet wet" from something like the KiwiSDR or WebSDRs. I have an HF rig but don't have an appropriate antenna yet for it.

I am running Windows 10 Home with WSJT-X 2.5.4 and so far I've followed everything in the manual but only received the following decodes...This was on 11/27/22 via the KPH KiwiSDR. I see all the timed data on the waterfall. Audio is being piped through just fine as my signal in WSJT-X itself is about 50 dB. Monitor is enabled and per the manual, I have TX/RX set to 1718 Hz and Report set to -15.

0624 -22 -0.9 4861 # JU3SJO EF5KYD OM51
0636 -30 2.3 801 # IX9MQB 5V8PO AC85
0639 -30 2.2 2926 # WL5WKS CY0/072
0640 -24 -1.9 1712 # 1WH3WQRAR?6B3
0640 -24 -1.9 1712 # 1WH3WQRAR?6B3

My settings in the waterfall are as follows:

Bins/Pixel = 2.....The selection DIRECTLY below Bins/Pixel is greyed out. I can not find how to make it selectable.
Start = 200 Hz
N Avg = 5
Palette = Digipan
Flatten and Cumulative are enabled

What am I missing?

Regards,

-Frank C.
KG6NLW/WRKX594

chas cartmel

I used to use JY65 and JT9 but since the introduction of FT8 these modes are sparsely used.
I gave up.

73 de

G4EST

www.g4est.me.uk

[...]

Alan G4ZFQ

On 28/11/2022 07:14, Frank C. wrote:
I have an HF rig but don't have an appropriate antenna yet for it.
Frank C.

I'm not sure if this is a good idea for web SDRs. I can feed my own Kiwi to WSJT-X, there is about 4 seconds delay. It works but 4 seconds from true time is on the limit, maybe more latency with a remote Kiwi.
Can you have some sort of antenna? Any bit of wire is good enough for picking something up.

Apart from getting the frequency, timing and audio right settings are optional. Will not affect decoding.

73 Alan G4ZFQ

Frank C.

Thanks! I'm not quite ready to dabble in FT8 and I see a handful of JT65 signals on the SDR pages.

Regards,

-Frank C.
KG6NLW/WRKX594

Frank C.

Alan,

I figured something was up. I made sure my computer was synced so I knew that wasn't an issue but forgot to mention it. Thanks for letting me know about that delay! I didn't realize it was so much of a delay. I usually hear myself come back on 10m via the SDR pretty quickly.

Regards,

-Frank C.
KG6NLW/WRKX594