New Q65 mode report #Q65

Rory Bowers

I have been working the new Q65 mode on 6M this week.  This new mode is both exciting and works great.  We did discover that it doesn't like a /R Rover callsign.  It will refuse to send a 73 when it sees that callsign.  I am sure that Joe will take care of this in the final release.  Great new mode for weak signal!!
73,
Rory, K5CKS

Ron W3RJW

Perhaps that's because /R (Rover) has no meaning outside a contest. Its not unique to Q65, In my cluster /R shows as European Russia.
I know there are several ops using /R on 6 meters right now, but that doesn't make it right.
Ron  W3RJW

FTdx-5000, Timewave Navigator, WSJT-x Improved 2.5.0 rc1, JTAlert 2.50.1 Beta, HRD Deluxe v6.7.0.357
FTdx-3000, SignaLink USB

Joe Subich, W4TV

In my cluster /R shows as European Russia.
The Russian Federation is a member of CEPT. As such /R has no
meaning - CEPT requires the "out of country" designation be to
applied as a PREFIX. The only place that an out of country
suffix is required is the US/CANADA agreement. Suffixes are
also generally recognized for portable operation in a different
callsign area within one's own country (e.g. W4TV/KP2, W4TV/8,
etc.).

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-06-24 10:30 AM, Ron W3RJW via groups.io wrote:
Perhaps that's because /R (Rover) has no meaning outside a contest. Its not unique to Q65, In my cluster /R shows as European Russia.
I know there are several ops using /R on 6 meters right now, but that doesn't make it right.
Ron  W3RJW

Jim Brown

On 6/24/2021 7:30 AM, Ron W3RJW via groups.io wrote:
I know there are several ops using /R on 6 meters right now, but that doesn't make it right.
STRONGLY AGREE

73, Jim K9YC

Ray Armstrong

Tell me more about q65 , what program offers it ?

On Jun 23, 2021, at 5:23 PM, Rory Bowers <k6cks01@gmail.com> wrote:

I have been working the new Q65 mode on 6M this week. This new mode is both exciting and works great. We did discover that it doesn't like a /R Rover callsign. It will refuse to send a 73 when it sees that callsign. I am sure that Joe will take care of this in the final release. Great new mode for weak signal!!
73,
Rory, K5CKS

Tom Melvin

Tell me more about q65 , what program offers it ?

What program offers it: WSJT-X

Quick Start Guide : See WSJT-X web page

WSJT-X page Q65 is mentioned at least 6 times

Google Q65 takes you to quick start guide

Suggest scan those references and come back if any specific questions - your post a little too generic at present.

Tom
GM8MJV

On 6/24/2021 5:45 AM, Ray Armstrong via groups.io wrote:
Tell me more about q65 , what program offers it ?
Everything you need to know is on the WSJT-X website. Look for the Quick Start Guide to Q65, and STUDY it.

73, Jim K9YC