Topics

moderated New frequencies in 2.2.x?

JH4VAJ / mit

Did the new frequencies (7.071, 10.133, 14.071, and 50.310 MHz)
experimentally introduced in WSJT-X 2.2.0-rc2/rc3 have been
postponedin GA?
In both 2.2.0 and 2.2.1, those frequencies don't show up when I reset
in Settings --> Frequencies.

JH4VAJ / mit

Bill Somerville

On 07/06/2020 13:53, Mitsuhiro KAWAFUJI wrote:
Did the new frequencies (7.071, 10.133, 14.071, and 50.310 MHz)
experimentally introduced in WSJT-X 2.2.0-rc2/rc3 have been
postponedin GA?
In both 2.2.0 and 2.2.1, those frequencies don't show up when I reset
in Settings --> Frequencies.

JH4VAJ / mit

Hi Mit san,

that is correct, they were removed as discussion about them was generating more noise than signal. Users are free to operate anywhere their local band plan and licensing conditions allow, WSJT-X does not restrict that and the default working frequencies are only suggestions, mainly drawn from existing usage patterns.

Perhaps a reminder that before anyone transmits they should check that the frequency is clear of other users, this is particularly the case when using an application that only decodes the mode that is selected. Just because you can operate with the speaker volume off and the waterfall minimized, doing so would almost certainly constitute a violation of one's licensing conditions!

Bill
G4WJS.

JH4VAJ / mit

Hello Bill,

On Sun, Jun 7, 2020 at 11:43 PM, Bill Somerville wrote:

that is correct, they were removed as discussion about them was generating more noise than signal. Users are free to operate anywhere their local band plan and licensing conditions allow, WSJT-X does not restrict that and the default working frequencies are only suggestions, mainly drawn from existing usage patterns.

Perhaps a reminder that before anyone transmits they should check that the frequency is clear of other users, this is particularly the case when using an application that only decodes the mode that is selected. Just because you can operate with the speaker volume off and the waterfall minimized, doing so would almost certainly constitute a violation of one's licensing conditions!

I understand. Thank you very much.

JH4VAJ / mit