locked McHF Band Not Tracking Under CAT Control #TechnicalHelpQuestion

Rich Miller

All:

I built a mcHF. I have it connected to the computer, and all seems to be working well. There is one issue that I cannot seem to address. When I change bands the frequency does change, but the band indication does not. As an example:

- On 40m WSPR Frequency, I change to 80m WSPR Frequency:

- Frequency Changes 3.568MHz but Band Indication still shows/indicates 40m

Has there been a work around for this?
73
Rich, AJ3G

jamesraykenney

That bothers me too, but I am not sure if it makes ANY difference to the way the radio performs, and I DO usually hear some clicks from the radio when it go to a frequency that is out of the current band, so I am assuming it is changing the filters to match.
What I would like is for the software(or the radio itself) to do a 'tune' when it detects a band change, because with some programs(wspr) for example I cannot use it's timed frequency shifting feature because it needs to have a tune after every band change.

Rich Miller

Hi James:

That was my primary concern, the filters corresponding. I am pretty sure the LPF is changing to the correct bank, but I am not certain about the BPF’s..

73

Rich, AJ3G