locked Manual Log Entry to WSJT-X #logging

hamradiosouth@...

My setup is WSJT-X to JTAlert to LOG4OM to various logs like LOTW, Clublog, etc. (latest versions)

My question is it possible and what is the best way to manually log a QSO into WSJT-X?

Why do I want to do this? For various reasons I may want to add a QSO later on. Now I add the QSO into LOG4OM and it get dispersed to my various logs. But because the QSO did not go thru WSJT-X I lose out on knowing that I had this QSO before.

So if I could manually add the QSO "easily" into the WSJT-X adi file then all would be good! I think.

Thanks,
Charlie
W4EBB

Jeff Townsend

Pretty simple.

Set WSJTX to the mode and frequency you want to log.
Put the call and grid in the call and grid boxes.
Click on the Log QSO button.
Fill in the correct times, signal reports, and any other info that you want.
Click OK and it will be added to the log in WSJTX and should follow the normal logging path through JTAlert, Log4OM etc.

Jeff Townsend
WB8LYJ

On Jan 8, 2022, at 3:12 PM, hamradiosouth@webbplace.com wrote:

My setup is WSJT-X to JTAlert to LOG4OM to various logs like LOTW, Clublog, etc. (latest versions)

My question is it possible and what is the best way to manually log a QSO into WSJT-X?

Why do I want to do this? For various reasons I may want to add a QSO later on. Now I add the QSO into LOG4OM and it get dispersed to my various logs. But because the QSO did not go thru WSJT-X I lose out on knowing that I had this QSO before.

So if I could manually add the QSO "easily" into the WSJT-X adi file then all would be good! I think.

Thanks,
Charlie
W4EBB

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 9/01/2022 7:12 am, hamradiosouth@webbplace.com wrote:

Thanks,
Charlie
W4EBB
Easy! Simply put the callsign you want to log into the "DX Call" field of WSJTX then hit the "Log QSO" button, then *before* confirming the logging by hitting the OK button adjust the date, time , band, mode, reports, etc. values of the "Log QSO" window. Once you have the data correct hit the OK button and allow the logging to occur through JTAlert into Log4OM and any online log uploads. This can be done, hours, weeks, months after the actual QSO, it doesn't matter. Just make sure you have all the data for the QSO correct before logging. Note: If you have manually added the QSO to Log4OM thisĀ  method will results in a duplicate log entry in Log4OM,. In that case delete the first manually added log entry.

de Laurie VK3AMA

hamradiosouth@...

Laurie - Thanks!!
I was trying to do it in one step and getting a partner QSO mismatch.
Charlie
W4EBB