Topics

#linux Building on Debian Linux #linux

Lev

Hi all,

I've tried but failed building wsjt-x on my Debian stable.

I get this when building:

[...]
Scanning dependencies of target manpages
[ 76%] Generating man/man1/wsjtx.1.gz
[ 76%] Generating man/man1/wsprd.1.gz
[ 77%] Generating man/man1/jt65code.1.gz
[ 77%] Generating man/man1/rigctl-wsjtx.1.gz
[ 77%] Generating man/man1/rigctld-wsjtx.1.gz
a2x: ERROR: "xsltproc" -param man.endnotes.list.enabled 0 -param man.endnotes.are.numbered 0 --stringparam callout.graphics 0 --stringparam navig.graphics 0 --stringparam admon.textlabel 1 --stringparam admon.graphics 0 "/etc/asciidoc/docbook-xsl/manpage.xsl" "/home/lev/src/wsjtx-2.2.2/build/wsjtx-prefix/src/wsjtx-build/manpages/man/man1/rigctld-wsjtx.1.xml" returned non-zero exit status 5
make[5]: *** [manpages/CMakeFiles/manpages.dir/build.make:110: manpages/man/man1/rigctld-wsjtx.1.gz] Error 1
make[4]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2948: manpages/CMakeFiles/manpages.dir/all] Error 2
make[3]: *** [Makefile:152: all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/wsjtx-build.dir/build.make:61: wsjtx-prefix/src/wsjtx-stamp/wsjtx-build] Error 2
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:233: CMakeFiles/wsjtx-build.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:84: all] Error 2

According to the manual page of xsltproc, return value of 5 means 'Error in the stylesheet'. So I'm not sure if it is a wsjt-x problem. The question is if I can somehow work around this? Like not to build the manpages?

Thanks, 73s de HA5OGL

--
Levente Kovacs
Senior Electronic Engineer

W: http://levente.logonex.eu

Bill Somerville

On 12/01/2021 00:38, Lev wrote:
Hi all,

I've tried but failed building wsjt-x on my Debian stable.

I get this when building:

[...]
Scanning dependencies of target manpages
[ 76%] Generating man/man1/wsjtx.1.gz
[ 76%] Generating man/man1/wsprd.1.gz
[ 77%] Generating man/man1/jt65code.1.gz
[ 77%] Generating man/man1/rigctl-wsjtx.1.gz
[ 77%] Generating man/man1/rigctld-wsjtx.1.gz
a2x: ERROR: "xsltproc" -param man.endnotes.list.enabled 0 -param man.endnotes.are.numbered 0 --stringparam callout.graphics 0 --stringparam navig.graphics 0 --stringparam admon.textlabel 1 --stringparam admon.graphics 0 "/etc/asciidoc/docbook-xsl/manpage.xsl" "/home/lev/src/wsjtx-2.2.2/build/wsjtx-prefix/src/wsjtx-build/manpages/man/man1/rigctld-wsjtx.1.xml" returned non-zero exit status 5
make[5]: *** [manpages/CMakeFiles/manpages.dir/build.make:110: manpages/man/man1/rigctld-wsjtx.1.gz] Error 1
make[4]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2948: manpages/CMakeFiles/manpages.dir/all] Error 2
make[3]: *** [Makefile:152: all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/wsjtx-build.dir/build.make:61: wsjtx-prefix/src/wsjtx-stamp/wsjtx-build] Error 2
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:233: CMakeFiles/wsjtx-build.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:84: all] Error 2

According to the manual page of xsltproc, return value of 5 means 'Error in the stylesheet'. So I'm not sure if it is a wsjt-x problem. The question is if I can somehow work around this? Like not to build the manpages?

Thanks, 73s de HA5OGL

--
Levente Kovacs
Hi Levente,

you are not the first to report this issue with asciidoc building our manpages on Debian, I don;t have a fix for it but you can work around the issue by defining WSJT_SKIP_MANPAGES=ON when you configure the WSJT-X CMake build. See the INSTALL file for an example.

Bill
G4WJS.

Lev

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 01:11:36 +0000
"Bill Somerville" <g4wjs@classdesign.com> wrote:

you are not the first to report this issue with asciidoc building our
manpages on Debian, I don;t have a fix for it but you can work around
the issue by defining WSJT_SKIP_MANPAGES=ON when you configure the
WSJT-X CMake build. See the INSTALL file for an example.
Bill,

Thank you very much, that helped!

73s de HA5OGL

--
Levente Kovacs
Senior Electronic Engineer

W: http://levente.logonex.eu