Topics

locked Involuntary CQing

mmpiehl@...

The same DX station or whatever station is still there after restart, but WSJT-X selects CQ and transmits CQ when Tx is enabled.  How frustrating is that?

When there are too many CQs it's called air pollution.        ;-)  73 Mike K7LNT

Reino Talarmo

>The same DX station or whatever station is still there after restart, but WSJT-X selects CQ and transmits CQ when Tx is enabled.  How frustrating is that?

When there are too many CQs it's called air pollution.        ;-)  73 Mike K7LNT

Hi Mike,
Unfortunately WSJT-X is not a thinking robot. WSJT-X remembers last potential QSO partner. It does not remember what happened in that QSO. So it needs advice from the operator. As default WSJT-X assumes that user has completed the QSO and proposes CQ, but gives an opportunity to select a message for the previous QSO / QSO attempt.
CQ is most neutral message of those already populated messages, which may as well be from last week. WSJT-X does not know which call signs are rare DXs, hi!

So why you need to enable TX before choosing a proper station/message? I prefer to listen first after a reboot to know, whether there is an opportunity to call again without just making QRM.

73, Reino OH3mA

Martin G0HDB

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 01:30 PM, Reino Talarmo wrote:

Martin, just for completeness only exactly three numeric i.e. 000 to 999, hi!

See https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/FT4_FT8_QEX.pdf, table 7.

73, Reino Oh3mA

Thanks for the correction, Reino.  I'll try to remember that specific constraint in the future!

Martin G0HDB