Topics

Input audio Left and Right is the same #AudioIssues

Henk PA0C

Hi,

My radio is a K3s with USB audio and main and sub rx.

I have two instances of WSJT on one PC, one using Left channel audio, the other Right channel audio.
The WIN10 microphone is set for 2 channels, 16 bit, 48000 Hz.
However the audio of Left and Right channel is the same.

I deleted one instance, restarted, cleaned the Registry and tried with the remaining WSJT app.
Still no possibility to make a selection.
Deleted everything, did a new install and tried 2.3.0 and 2.4.0 rc1.
Stil the same issue.
CAT is running OK though.

All other applications on this PC have no problems. They constantly see both channels OK.
(MSHV, Visual Analyser, etc.)

So why can I not select Left or Right channel audio with WSJT?
What should I change/set to get it working correctly.

73 Henk

Bill Somerville

On 22/02/2021 15:38, Henk PA0C wrote:
Hi,

My radio is a K3s with USB audio and main and sub rx.

I have two instances of WSJT on one PC, one using Left channel audio, the other Right channel audio.
The WIN10 microphone is set for 2 channels, 16 bit, 48000 Hz.
However the audio of Left and Right channel is the same.

I deleted one instance, restarted, cleaned the Registry and tried with the remaining WSJT app.
Still no possibility to make a selection.
Deleted everything, did a new install and tried 2.3.0 and 2.4.0 rc1.
Stil the same issue.
CAT is running OK though.

All other applications on this PC have no problems. They constantly see both channels OK.
(MSHV, Visual Analyser, etc.)

So why can I not select Left or Right channel audio with WSJT?
What should I change/set to get it working correctly.

73 Henk
Hi Henk,

I use left and right stereo channels regularly with WSJT-X Rx audio, it works as intended as far as I can see.