locked How to load LOTW CSV file #Windows10 #WSJTX_config

invl160 Davis

I have followed carefully all the instructions in the Manual section 3.1 I am setting up an off lease PC running Win 10 Pro and I have installed V2.6 WSJT-X
the LoTW .CSV file will not load. I have downloaded it and placed it in the WSJT-X log directory. I have populayted the URL line with the path to the CSV file location.
I get this:
"Error Loading LoTW Users Data. Network Error: Host not Found"

ANy help?

Frank VO1HP

David W6ZL

Did you install the OpenSSL libraries as mentioned in 3.1?

73

Karza <kari.sillanmaki@...>

Frank,

On 3.12.2022 21.05, invl160 Davis wrote:
I have followed carefully all the instructions in the Manual section 3.1 I am setting up an off lease PC running Win 10 Pro and I have installed V2.6 WSJT-X
the LoTW .CSV file will not load. I have downloaded it and placed it in the WSJT-X log directory. I have populayted the URL line with the path to the CSV file location.
I get this:
"Error Loading LoTW Users Data. Network Error: Host not Found"
Change the CSV location back to "https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-user-activity.csv" and load the the corrct OpenSSL libraries for your operating system.

73's de Kari, oh2gqc

Dave Garber <ve3wej@...>

my csv file is in the appdata folder of wsjt-x

...\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\lotw-user-activity.csv

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Sat, Dec 3, 2022 at 05:16 PM, David W6ZL wrote:

Did you install the OpenSSL libraries as mentioned in 3.1?

73
Yes I have installed all the S/W as instructed in the manual section 3.1 WSJT-X says Cannot Fetch - Same issue happening on WIN7 and WIN10 PC's

invl160 Davis

Same path on my win 10 PC

[...]

I have installed the SSL Libraies as instructed in the WSJT-X manual...however the Error Message says this:

ERROR LOADING LOTW USERS DATA
NETWORK ERROR - SSL/TLS Supprot not installed.
Cannot Fetch: "https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-ser-activity.csv"

SO even though I have done the installation the feature is not installed?...whats going on?.

I also installed the Microsoft VC++ 2013 Redistributable software but same result.

I have also downloaded the file directly from ARRL and copied it to the WSJT-X Log Directory
I then copied and pasted the path into the URL line in the Settings--->Colors page.
Same result . It doesn't work ...I get an Error Message about the Host Not Found.

So there is something about the Win 10 Pro install or configuration that I don't understand.

I give up.

73 Frank VO1HP

Michael Black

There is both a 32-bit and 64-bit version.

Which one did you install?  Try the other...

Mike W9MDB

On Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 08:20:10 PM CST, invl160 Davis <invl160@...> wrote:

[...]

Mike
I installed both and followwed the instructions is the WSJTX Quick Start GUide
Frank