locked Hearing and transmitting on IC7100 with MacBook Air #macOS

Doug

I am trying to connect my IC-7100 to my MacBook Air. I have been able to use WSJTX connecting to my Linux desktop, so I think my problem lies with the MacOS. On the Mac, I can run the program and actually read my radio’s frequency, but I can’t hear or transmit. Apparently, The USB isn’t connecting within the audio configuration.

i installed the silicon labs drivers, but am still having the same issue. Any ideas?

Bill Somerville

On 27/11/2021 14:08, Doug via groups.io wrote:
I am trying to connect my IC-7100 to my MacBook Air. I have been able to use WSJTX connecting to my Linux desktop, so I think my problem lies with the MacOS. On the Mac, I can run the program and actually read my radio’s frequency, but I can’t hear or transmit. Apparently, The USB isn’t connecting within the audio configuration.

i installed the silicon labs drivers, but am still having the same issue. Any ideas?
Hi Doug,

try "Preferences->Radio->Mode->Data/Pkt".

Doug

Thanks Bill. It doesn’t appear to fix it. I rebooted the radio. Should it activate instantly?

Gary Rogers

Sorry that should have been serial port…I always have the MacBook running then plug the usb and then turn on the radio and am able to connect everytime.

On Nov 27, 2021, at 7:07 AM, Doug via groups.io <dscott7000=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks Bill. It doesn’t appear to fix it. I rebooted the radio. Should it activate instantly?

Gary Rogers

Not sure how much of my previous message went out but here are the settings I use for my FTDX10. I use a different serial port than the one I see on your screenshot. I have the computer running then connect the usb cable start the radio then start WSJT-X and am able to connect every time.

On Nov 27, 2021, at 7:34 AM, Gary Rogers via groups.io <cgaryrogers190=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Sorry that should have been serial port…I always have the MacBook running then plug the usb and then turn on the radio and am able to connect everytime.

On Nov 27, 2021, at 7:07 AM, Doug via groups.io <dscott7000=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks Bill. It doesn’t appear to fix it. I rebooted the radio. Should it activate instantly?

Doug

Thanks Gary.  That is the way I'm connecting as well.

 It's weird, the radio will click and the frequency can be read, but I don't get any signals on the waterfall

Bill Somerville

On 27/11/2021 15:58, Doug via groups.io wrote:
Thanks Gary.  That is the way I'm connecting as well.

 It's weird, the radio will click and the frequency can be read, but I don't get any signals on the waterfall
Hi Doug,

OK, so the issue is no signals on the waterfall. Go to "System Preferences->Security & Privacy->Privacy->Microphone" and ensure that wsjtx is allowed access.

Doug

Thank you Bill,  That was it!!!

Doug

73, KI5SBM