locked Hamlib 4.5.1 #hamlib

Michael Black

Another version -- this is hopefully the last version for version 4.5.1 to be released.

Please test and report any problems.

Recent fixes:

    TenTec Jupiter fixed for 20M and lower frequencies
    FT-991 much more stable now.

This is the 64-bit version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/snmkzu8eif89yqs/libhamlib-4.dll?dl=0

Mike W9MDB

kiyo

This version had issues with rig splitting on the FTdx3000.
When I sent CQ at 7041kHz, the frequency display in the app is 7040kHz
after sending.
After that, both the RX and TX buttons on the VFO-B side lit up.
The log at this time was not spit out.
--
73, Kiyo JA9HWD

2022年12月7日(水) 11:19 Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=
yahoo.com@groups.io>:

Another version -- this is hopefully the last version for version 4.5.1 to
be released.

Please test and report any problems.

Recent fixes:

TenTec Jupiter fixed for 20M and lower frequencies
FT-991 much more stable now.

This is the 64-bit version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/snmkzu8eif89yqs/libhamlib-4.dll?dl=0

Mike W9MDB

kiyo

Unfortunately, the same behavior occurs with fake splits.
--
Kiyo

yahoo.com@groups.io>:

Another version -- this is hopefully the last version for version 4.5.1
be released.

Please test and report any problems.

Recent fixes:

TenTec Jupiter fixed for 20M and lower frequencies
FT-991 much more stable now.

This is the 64-bit version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/snmkzu8eif89yqs/libhamlib-4.dll?dl=0

Mike W9MDB

Michael Black

Please place this file as described below
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t52ngcalsgnpm8m/wsjtx_log_config.ini?dl=0

    C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\WSJT-X
    The WSJT-X_Rigcontrol.log file will be in the same location

For Linux put it in
    ~/.config
    The WSJT-X_Rigcontrol.log file will be here:
    ~/.local/share/WSJT-X

For MacOS put it in
    /Users/[username]/Library/Preferences

Restart WSJT-X and duplicate the problem.
Shut down WSJT-X

Then send me the WSJT-X_RigControl.log file
Mike W9MDB

yahoo.com@groups.io>:

Another version -- this is hopefully the last version for version 4.5.1 to
be released.

Please test and report any problems.

Recent fixes:

    TenTec Jupiter fixed for 20M and lower frequencies
    FT-991 much more stable now.

This is the 64-bit version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/snmkzu8eif89yqs/libhamlib-4.dll?dl=0

Mike W9MDB

Michael Black

Can you send me debug logs from the Fake Split first?

That's the simple case.

Mike

yahoo.com@groups.io>:

Another version -- this is hopefully the last version for version 4.5.1
be released.

Please test and report any problems.

Recent fixes:

    TenTec Jupiter fixed for 20M and lower frequencies
    FT-991 much more stable now.

This is the 64-bit version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/snmkzu8eif89yqs/libhamlib-4.dll?dl=0

Mike W9MDB

kiyo

It seems more severe than when I helped him with the test in February. I've
collected the logs, but at this point I don't feel like trying to send them.
The reason is that although 7.041MHz is specified, the display frequency is
replaced with 7.0415MHz after a few seconds.
Its behavior is spewed in the log.
The log is too big to post to the Group, so I'll send it separately.
This phenomenon is the same as the 50Hz shift reported in February.
However, I remember that time was when using OmniRig or Rig Split.
I feel like determining the split frequency is a task of WSJT-X, but what
do you think?

--
73, Kiyo JA9HWD

2022年12月7日(水) 17:19 Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=

yahoo.com@groups.io>:

Another version -- this is hopefully the last version for version 4.5.1
be released.

Please test and report any problems.

Recent fixes:

TenTec Jupiter fixed for 20M and lower frequencies
FT-991 much more stable now.

This is the 64-bit version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/snmkzu8eif89yqs/libhamlib-4.dll?dl=0

Mike W9MDB

kiyo

The first email announcement was version 4.5.1.
The display in the execution log is "RIGCTRL:info] Hamlib version: Hamlib
4.6~git Mon Dec 05 18:49:03 2022".
Am I failing to replace the DLL?
I said I needed to be able to check version information in properties to
prevent such failures.

--
73, Kiyo JA9HWD

yahoo.com@groups.io>:

Another version -- this is hopefully the last version for version
4.5.1
be released.

Please test and report any problems.

Recent fixes:

TenTec Jupiter fixed for 20M and lower frequencies
FT-991 much more stable now.

This is the 64-bit version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/snmkzu8eif89yqs/libhamlib-4.dll?dl=0

Mike W9MDB

Michael Black

4.6 is the current development version.

4.5.1 will be released shortly which will contain most everything in the 4.6 branch.

Want to get this DX3000 problem fixed for 4.5.1

Can you please start your rig with VFOA active?  We are not forcing that but it seems the DX3000 doesn't like reverse split.

Mike W9MDB

yahoo.com@groups.io>:

Another version -- this is hopefully the last version for version
4.5.1
be released.

Please test and report any problems.

Recent fixes:

    TenTec Jupiter fixed for 20M and lower frequencies
    FT-991 much more stable now.

This is the 64-bit version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/snmkzu8eif89yqs/libhamlib-4.dll?dl=0

Mike W9MDB

kiyo

I don't understand what you mean by "reverse split". If it means activating
VFO-B from the beginning, I didn't do that.
When I start the test, the LED button indicates VFO-A use and only the left
VFO-A is lit.

I usually start VSPE and flrig and use it, but when testing, I specify
"FTdx3000" in COM3 in WSJT-X settings without using VSPE and flrig. I don't
touch the rig settings.
Maybe it's the effect of the rig split I tested just before. I'll try to
test only one side at a time.

I've only tried FAKE split now. Since the log exceeds 3MB, I will compress
it with zip and send it by private mail.
"wsjtx_log_config.ini" is deleted after testing, but I don't think it was
deleted before, am I misremembering?

FAKE split seems to work fine from a quick look at the logs and the
behavior of WSJT-X. The impression is that it only goes wrong after running
it with Rig split.

--
73, Kiyo JA9HWD

2022年12月8日(木) 0:56 Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=

yahoo.com@groups.io>:

Another version -- this is hopefully the last version for version
4.5.1
be released.

Please test and report any problems.

Recent fixes:

TenTec Jupiter fixed for 20M and lower frequencies
FT-991 much more stable now.

This is the 64-bit version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/snmkzu8eif89yqs/libhamlib-4.dll?dl=0

Mike W9MDB

kiyo

Next is the Rig Split.
In the WSJT-X settings dialog, I selected Rig Split, did a CAT test and a
transmission test, and closed the dialog.
After that, I pressed the "Tune" button on and off, waited a few moments,
and exited WSJT-X.
At this time, I noticed that the display of 7041kHz frequency on WSJT-X
changed to 7042 while I was waiting without doing anything.
I don't feel like trying to CQ or QSO in such a state of frequency change.
I think it is possible if I set the minimum transmit power and MIC gain to
zero if I just call CQ.

Also, I noticed that the "wsjtx_log_config.ini" file is deleted after
running the Rig Split tests.

--
73, Kiyo JA9HWD

yahoo.com@groups.io>:

Another version -- this is hopefully the last version for version
4.5.1
be released.

Please test and report any problems.

Recent fixes:

TenTec Jupiter fixed for 20M and lower frequencies
FT-991 much more stable now.

This is the 64-bit version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/snmkzu8eif89yqs/libhamlib-4.dll?dl=0

Mike W9MDB

Michael Black

Maybe you are not quite understanding how rig split works.

If you put your offset between 1500-1999 VFOB=VFOA
1000-1499 VFOB=VFOA-500Hz
500-999 VFOB=VFOA-1000Hz
0-499 VFOB=VFOA.-1500Hz
2000-2499 VFOB=VFOA+500Hz
2500-2999 VFOB=VFOB+1000Hz

While you transmit you will see WSJT-X show you the VFOB frequency which is correct and will change as shown above.

Is that what you're seeing?

Mike W9MDB

yahoo.com@groups.io>:

Another version -- this is hopefully the last version for version
4.5.1
be released.

Please test and report any problems.

Recent fixes:

    TenTec Jupiter fixed for 20M and lower frequencies
    FT-991 much more stable now.

This is the 64-bit version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/snmkzu8eif89yqs/libhamlib-4.dll?dl=0

Mike W9MDB

kiyo

Please check the log again. The problem is that after setting 7041.5kHz, it
is not returned to 7041kHz until "Log Finish".
And what it logs is that it sets 7042kHz.

--
73, Kiyo JA9HWD

2022年12月9日(金) 3:55 Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=

:

yahoo.com@groups.io>:

Another version -- this is hopefully the last version for
version
4.5.1
be released.

Please test and report any problems.

Recent fixes:

TenTec Jupiter fixed for 20M and lower frequencies
FT-991 much more stable now.

This is the 64-bit version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/snmkzu8eif89yqs/libhamlib-4.dll?dl=0

Mike W9MDB

kiyo

Whether or not I understand how Rig Split works, it's true that VFO-A shows
the wrong frequency after a series of tests. Only VFO-B should be changed.
If you say Hamlib isn't doing something wrong, don't expect any further
progress and stop.
Fake Split works fine, so that's good enough.

By the way, when I set WSJT-X to use Flrig, when sending Rig Split,
The VFO-A display does not change,
Set VFO-B to 7039.5kHz or 7042kHz and send,
VFO-A remains at 7041kHz after transmission.

--
73, Kiyo JA9HWD

gmail.com@groups.io
:

yahoo.com@groups.io>:

Another version -- this is hopefully the last version for
version
4.5.1
be released.

Please test and report any problems.

Recent fixes:

TenTec Jupiter fixed for 20M and lower frequencies
FT-991 much more stable now.

This is the 64-bit version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/snmkzu8eif89yqs/libhamlib-4.dll?dl=0

Mike W9MDB

Michael Black

I do see the problem in the log now....Hopefully have a fix soon...
Mike

yahoo.com@groups.io>:

Another version -- this is hopefully the last version for
version
4.5.1
be released.

Please test and report any problems.

Recent fixes:

    TenTec Jupiter fixed for 20M and lower frequencies
    FT-991 much more stable now.

This is the 64-bit version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/snmkzu8eif89yqs/libhamlib-4.dll?dl=0

Mike W9MDB

Michael Black

Try this DLL -- it's the 64-bit version.

yahoo.com@groups.io>:

Another version -- this is hopefully the last version for
version
4.5.1
be released.

Please test and report any problems.

Recent fixes:

    TenTec Jupiter fixed for 20M and lower frequencies
    FT-991 much more stable now.

This is the 64-bit version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/snmkzu8eif89yqs/libhamlib-4.dll?dl=0

Mike W9MDB

kiyo

I tried. I feel it worked correctly.
Since I was in the 80m band, I tried it at 3.531MHz with a DF of 200Hz and
2600Hz. Transmitted on VFO-B at 3529.5kHz and 3532kHz respectively.

It means there was a bug, so please check the same symptom with OmniRig in
February.
Send the log in a separate personal email. I was concerned about the string
"freq=3531055" in the log. I remember that the number "55" was the number
where the frequency was shifted with OmniRig. I didn't feel anything wrong
with this operation, but please check just in case.

Thank you for your hard work.
--
73, Kiyo JA9HWD

2022年12月9日(金) 17:34 Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=

yahoo.com@groups.io>:

Another version -- this is hopefully the last version for
version
4.5.1
be released.

Please test and report any problems.

Recent fixes:

TenTec Jupiter fixed for 20M and lower frequencies
FT-991 much more stable now.

This is the 64-bit version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/snmkzu8eif89yqs/libhamlib-4.dll?dl=0

Mike W9MDB

kiyo

of the log
line 693,
"newcat_set_freq: passed freq = 3531055 Hz"
lines 802, 874,
"newcat_get_freq: freq = 3531055 Hz for vfo Main"
I found the log above.
It sets VFO-A to 3531055Hz and the readout shows 3531055 Hz. 55Hz would be
more.
There is a discrepancy between the cause of 55Hz and the actual 3531000Hz
displayed on the rig, but I think it's better to investigate.
It may cause other bug manifestations.
I think I already reported that the OmniRig actually had a 55Hz difference
in the rig's VFO display.

--
73, Kiyo JA9HWD

yahoo.com@groups.io>:

Another version -- this is hopefully the last version for
version
4.5.1
be released.

Please test and report any problems.

Recent fixes:

TenTec Jupiter fixed for 20M and lower frequencies
FT-991 much more stable now.

This is the 64-bit version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/snmkzu8eif89yqs/libhamlib-4.dll?dl=0

Mike W9MDB

Michael Black

The "55" you see at startup is WSJT-X determining the frequency resolution of the rig.

You will see that just once during startup.

Mike W9MDB

yahoo.com@groups.io>:

Another version -- this is hopefully the last version for
version
4.5.1
be released.

Please test and report any problems.

Recent fixes:

    TenTec Jupiter fixed for 20M and lower frequencies
    FT-991 much more stable now.

This is the 64-bit version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/snmkzu8eif89yqs/libhamlib-4.dll?dl=0

Mike W9MDB

Michael Black

The log shows the 055 frequency being set

[2022-12-09 08:59:42.572798][00:00:30.267584][RIGCTRL:trace] newcat_set_freq: passed freq = 3531055 Hz

It then sets it back 200ms later
[2022-12-09 08:59:42.776687][00:00:30.470514][RIGCTRL:trace] newcat_set_freq: passed freq = 3531000 Hz

The next read then shows it worked.
[2022-12-09 08:59:45.527357][00:00:33.220012][RIGCTRL:trace] 0000    46 41 30 33 35 33 31 30 30 30 3b                    FA03531000;

Mike W9MDB

yahoo.com@groups.io>:

Another version -- this is hopefully the last version for
version
4.5.1
be released.

Please test and report any problems.

Recent fixes:

    TenTec Jupiter fixed for 20M and lower frequencies
    FT-991 much more stable now.

This is the 64-bit version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/snmkzu8eif89yqs/libhamlib-4.dll?dl=0

Mike W9MDB

kiyo

Okay, I understand.
In order to convey the split method, you used the last three digits of
frequency, which are not normally used, without increasing the number of
parameters.
I didn't know that, so I wrote unnecessary things. sorry.

--
73, Kiyo JA9HWD

2022年12月10日(土) 7:35 Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=