Topics

locked #FT8 #GeneralGroupInfo #GeneralGroupInfo #FT8 #GeneralGroupInfo #FT8

Phil Hazelton

Hi All,
Running v2 3 1 on Win 10 with a IC 7300. Had a major crash after running flawlessly for months, but managed to get things back, BUT, all the colours in the panes have reset, I can’t seem to get the worked before stations to show up. I have the “show DXCC, grid, and worked before status” All my worked stations are still showing in the log adi file. Any ideas appreciated
Phil G8PJH

neil_zampella

Did you have to wipe the drive and reload everything, or did you have a backup to restore?

If you had to wipe and reload, you probably don't have the wsjtx_log.adi file with all your previous QSOs.    Unless you can recreate from a logger, or elsewhere, you won't get the B4 color.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 4/7/2021 3:34 PM, Phil Hazelton via groups.io wrote:
Hi All,
Running v2 3 1 on Win 10 with a IC 7300. Had a major crash after running flawlessly for months, but managed to get things back, BUT, all the colours in the panes have reset, I can’t seem to get the worked before stations to show up. I have the “show DXCC, grid, and worked before status” All my worked stations are still showing in the log adi file. Any ideas appreciated
Phil G8PJH

Phil Hazelton

Hi, no, the wsjtx log.adi file is still intact, I didn’t have to wipe and reload the drive. How do I set up the B4 colour?

Bill Somerville

On 07/04/2021 23:22, Phil Hazelton via groups.io wrote:
Hi, no, the wsjtx log.adi file is still intact, I didn’t have to wipe and reload the drive. How do I set up the B4 colour?
Phil,

there is no before colour. The WSJT-X decode highlighting includes colours for new calls and new calls on band. If a call is worked before then the default CQ colour will be shown.

Phil Hazelton

Hi Bill, before the crash, I had worked before QSOs come up as white on a black background when they called CQ again, I can’t seem to set this up anymore?

Bill Somerville

On 08/04/2021 00:25, Phil Hazelton via groups.io wrote:
Hi Bill, before the crash, I had worked before QSOs come up as white on a black background when they called CQ again, I can’t seem to set this up anymore?
Hi Phil,

have you set the foreground and background colours for "CQ Message" highlighting to those colours?

Herb Blue - WB8ASI

I also have my B4's as white on a black background.  I set those colors in JTAlert and sent over to WSJTX.  73, Herb WB8ASI

neil_zampella

See the Settings -> Colors tab and adjust the color as necessary.   Make sure that B4 is in the highest position this way other color alerts won't take priority. For example:  you're looking for a country, you made the contact previously but still have not gotten a confirmation.   The station you contacted comes up again.   You want the B4 color to show, not the wanted country.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 4/7/2021 5:22 PM, Phil Hazelton via groups.io wrote:
Hi, no, the wsjtx log.adi file is still intact, I didn’t have to wipe and reload the drive. How do I set up the B4 colour?

Phil Hazelton

It must be my age. In settings >Colours>Decode Highlighting, what IS the box that shows worked B4?

On 8 Apr 2021, at 07:29, neil_zampella <neilz@...> wrote:

See the Settings -> Colors tab and adjust the color as necessary.   Make sure that B4 is in the highest position this way other color alerts won't take priority. For example:  you're looking for a country, you made the contact previously but still have not gotten a confirmation.   The station you contacted comes up again.   You want the B4 color to show, not the wanted country.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 4/7/2021 5:22 PM, Phil Hazelton via groups.io wrote:
Hi, no, the wsjtx log.adi file is still intact, I didn’t have to wipe and reload the drive. How do I set up the B4 colour?

neil_zampella

Correction ... its not the B4, but the Calling CQ color bar.   Slight confusion with JTAlert terminology.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 4/8/2021 12:03 AM, neil_zampella wrote:

See the Settings -> Colors tab and adjust the color as necessary.   Make sure that B4 is in the highest position this way other color alerts won't take priority. For example:  you're looking for a country, you made the contact previously but still have not gotten a confirmation.   The station you contacted comes up again.   You want the B4 color to show, not the wanted country.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 4/7/2021 5:22 PM, Phil Hazelton via groups.io wrote:
Hi, no, the wsjtx log.adi file is still intact, I didn’t have to wipe and reload the drive. How do I set up the B4 colour?

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-04-08 1:03 AM, neil_zampella wrote:
See the Settings -> Colors tab and adjust the color as necessary.
*THERE IS NO B4 COLOR IN SETTINGS -> COLORS*

The only way one gets a specific color for B4 is with JTAlert.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-04-08 1:03 AM, neil_zampella wrote:
See the Settings -> Colors tab and adjust the color as necessary.   Make
sure that B4 is in the highest position this way other color alerts
won't take priority. For example:  you're looking for a country, you
made the contact previously but still have not gotten a confirmation.
The station you contacted comes up again.   You want the B4 color to
show, not the wanted country.
Neil, KN3ILZ
On 4/7/2021 5:22 PM, Phil Hazelton via groups.io wrote:
Hi, no, the wsjtx log.adi file is still intact, I didn’t have to wipe
and reload the drive. How do I set up the B4 colour?

Phil Hazelton

I don’t use JTAlert, I was just using B4 in place of before. Before my wsjtx crash, when I worked a station calling CQ, it was stored in the .adi file. The next time that station called CQ it showed up in a colour that I had chosen in the decode colour settings telling me I had worked them before. Now I can not see an obvious colour decode setting that says “worked before “. The only colour setting with CQ in it I can see is just the general CQ calling.

neil_zampella

Another confusion about JTAlert is having to move that 'Calling CQ' color bar.   Not necessary, just have it checked in the color list.    However that's the one you can change the foreground and background colors on to make it stand out (IE:  white foreground, black background).

(I need to quit replying in the middle of the night).

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 2021-04-08 10:00 AM, Phil Hazelton via groups.io wrote:
I don’t use JTAlert, I was just using B4 in place of before.
As one of the developers has told you several times -
*THERE IS NO B4 COLOR IN WSJTX*.

I have gone back to version 2 and checked - there is no B4 color in
any version 2, version 3 *or* version 4 (-RC#) level of WSJTX. The
lowest priority color is a general CQ ... it a station does not
qualify as "new" (e.g. "New Call" or "New Call on Band") they will
color with the "CQ in Message" color.

The only way to get an explicit "B4" color (on all transmissions -
not just CQ) is to use JT Alert and allow it to forward colors to
WSJTX.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-04-08 10:06 AM, neil_zampella wrote:
Another confusion about JTAlert is having to move that 'Calling CQ'
color bar.
JTAlert has both an explicit "B4" (Settings -> Alerts -> Worked B4)
and and CQ (Settings -> Alerts -> CQ) alert/colors. The B4 overrides
all other alerts.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-04-08 10:06 AM, neil_zampella wrote:
[...]

It’s because if you have worked the DXCC or station before it will be one of the other colours. If none of those is selected it will colour in the default CQ. The implication is then that you have worked the station before on the current band. As long as you have the priority set correctly of course, and that is how you order the list.

73 Phil GM3ZZA

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

Joe,

As I just said, you can colour it one way if you’ve not worked before, and default to colour it another way. By implication the default is “worked before”.

On 2021-04-08 10:00 AM, Phil Hazelton via groups.io wrote:

> I don’t use JTAlert, I was just using B4 in place of before. Before my

> wsjtx crash, when I worked a station calling CQ, it was stored in the

> .adi file. The next time that station called CQ it showed up in a colour

> that I had chosen in the decode colour settings telling me I had worked

> them before. Now I can not see an obvious colour decode setting that

> says “worked before “. The only colour setting with CQ in it I can see

> is just the general CQ calling.

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

Phil Hazelton

OK gents, thanks for your time in replying. I guess we’ll never know why it worked perfectly before.
73

Joe Subich, W4TV

In WSJTX the default order (after all the new DXCC, new zone,
and new grid both on any band and on the current band options)
is New Call, New Call this band and Calling CQ.

If it is not a new call or new call on the band you will get
one set of colors and if it is calling CQ, you get a different
set of colors (in WSJTX by itself). In *NO CASE* do you get
an explicit "worked B4" color.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

Joe,
On 2021-04-08 10:00 AM, Phil Hazelton via groups.io wrote:
I don’t use JTAlert, I was just using B4 in place of before. Before my
wsjtx crash, when I worked a station calling CQ, it was stored in the
.adi file. The next time that station called CQ it showed up in a colour
that I had chosen in the decode colour settings telling me I had worked
them before. Now I can not see an obvious colour decode setting that
says “worked before “. The only colour setting with CQ in it I can see
is just the general CQ calling.

Ok it's a cq from a call I've worked before. That's all I need to know.

73 Phil GM3ZZA