when using /p!

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-01-23 10:54 AM, J28PJ Jean-Philippe wrote:
I encounter a bug with the FT8 F/H mode. My correspondents cannot receive my reports or other RR73. This is the case for my callsign 3x2021 or for 3x2021/p No problem in FT4 it seems. Any of you have an idea? Thanks in advance 73 jean philippe 3X2021 Note: this callsign was given to me without my asking. Guinea is currently ruled by a transitional government since the September coup. I can't see myself asking for a change of call sign at the moment :)

J28PJ Jean-Philippe <j28pj@...>

Hello,

I understand. I will continue to use ft4 and ft8 without F/H.
It's slower for stations that want to make contact but I have no choice.

73 jean philippe

Unfortunately, that is one of the limitations with non-standard and compound callsigns and F/H mode. Non-standard callsigns force the messages into free text mode with its limited message size.

Your sent report (and any grid) is being truncated - particularly when using /p!

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-01-23 10:54 AM, J28PJ Jean-Philippe wrote:
I encounter a bug with the FT8 F/H mode. My correspondents cannot
receive my reports or other RR73. This is the case for my callsign
3x2021 or for 3x2021/p No problem in FT4 it seems. Any of you have an
idea? Thanks in advance 73 jean philippe 3X2021 Note: this callsign
was given to me without my asking. Guinea is currently ruled by a
transitional government since the September coup. I can't see myself
asking for a change of call sign at the moment :)

Bruce Jungwirth

I worked 3X2021 on 1/9/2022 FT8 on 17m. It was not a F/H contact. The QSO went normal, and was a verified match on LOTW later that same day.

Bruce. K0SON

On Jan 23, 2022, at 11:13 AM, J28PJ Jean-Philippe <j28pj@outlook.fr> wrote:

I encounter a bug with the FT8 F/H mode. My correspondents cannot receive my reports or other RR73. This is the case for my callsign 3x2021 or for 3x2021/p No problem in FT4 it seems. Any of you have an idea? Thanks in advance 73 jean philippe 3X2021 Note: this callsign was given to me without my asking. Guinea is currently ruled by a transitional government since the September coup. I can't see myself asking for a change of call sign at the moment :) [Image][cid:image001.png@01D81071.68F90A10] [cid:image003.png@01D81071.742DB110]

Jim Brown

On 1/23/2022 11:06 AM, J28PJ Jean-Philippe wrote:
I understand. I will continue to use ft4 and ft8 without F/H.
It's slower for stations that want to make contact but I have no choice.
Do the conditions of your license require /P? If not, don't use it! Simply by including your grid in a CQ tells callers all they need to know about your location.

73, Jim K9YC

J28PJ Jean-Philippe <j28pj@...>

yes i must use /P but even without /P it’s the same problem

73 jean philippe

Le 23 janv. 2022 à 19:43, Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com> a écrit :

On 1/23/2022 11:06 AM, J28PJ Jean-Philippe wrote:
I understand. I will continue to use ft4 and ft8 without F/H.
It's slower for stations that want to make contact but I have no choice.
Do the conditions of your license require /P? If not, don't use it! Simply by including your grid in a CQ tells callers all they need to know about your location.

73, Jim K9YC

Panos

Hi even without /p the software doesn't allow receive reports, I see that if the stations respond has more than one callsign the snr report appears (I couldn't attach a photo) . The 3X2021 callsign has only 6 characters probably the problem is in the software 73