Topics

locked sticky Error while opening the program: (invalid ADIF header). #adif

mattia iu2cgb

I am looking for solution for this error.
wsjt version x 2.2.2.
windows 10 64 bit operating system.
error while opening the program: (invalid ADIF header).
when i open the program i get this error every time i open it.
error photo attached.
Thank you so much.

Sam Birnbaum

Hi,

Check the WSJTX-Log.adi file.

the first line should look like this : WSJT-X ADIF Export <eoh>

There was a bug that left out the <eoh> in the first line.

That should fix it.

73,

Sam W2JDB

I am looking for solution for this error.
wsjt version x 2.2.2.
windows 10 64 bit operating system.
error while opening the program: (invalid ADIF header).
when i open the program i get this error every time i open it.
error photo attached.
Thank you so much.

Sam Birnbaum

oops : wsjtx-log.adi should have been wsjtx_log.adi

Sam W2JDB

I am looking for solution for this error.
wsjt version x 2.2.2.
windows 10 64 bit operating system.
error while opening the program: (invalid ADIF header).
when i open the program i get this error every time i open it.
error photo attached.
Thank you so much.

Bill Somerville

On 20/11/2020 09:28, mattia iu2cgb wrote:
I am looking for solution for this error.
wsjt version x 2.2.2.
windows 10 64 bit operating system.
error while opening the program: (invalid ADIF header).
when i open the program i get this error every time i open it.
error photo attached.
Thank you so much.
Hi Mattia,

thanks for reporting the issue. It is a known issue with WSJT-X v2.2.2 which writes an invalid ADIF header when it first creates its own ADIF log file. You can fix the header by editing the ADIF log file using Notepad.exe. The log file is in the WSJT-X log files directory ("Menu->File->Open log directory") and is called wsjtx_log.adi (alternatively accessed as "%LocalAppData%\WSJT-X\wsjtx_log.adi"). The header line contains <eh> which should be changed to <eoh>

Bruce N7XGR

Mattia,  This is a common error message about the ADIF log file.
Locate the ADIF log file and do this,
Find the first line where it says:

WSJT-X ADIF Export<eh>

change it to:

WSJT-X ADIF Export<eoh>

Save the file, restart WSJT-X, and you should be good.

This is from a posting on the WSJT-X group.

Bruce  N7XGR