locked Error in sound input #AudioIssues

Lawton Eure

I am using a FTDX 10 and I have used FT8 with a FTDX 5000 for 3 years. In trying to set up the DX 10, I am getting this message: Error in sound input: An error opening the audio input device has occurred. Never seen this before. Speakers to the PC are not working either. I have downloaded new audio drivers from dell and checked speaker settings. Things seem normal but no sound. I can change bands in WSJTX and the radio follows and I can Test Cat successfully. I cannot tune and it is not decoding. Anyone seen this or have suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Ed Stratton

Lawton first thing make sure squelch is not involved.

Check the Preset settings as described in the manual on page 65. Also make
sure the mode is USB and Preset as described on the top of page 65.

Next check settings in wsjt both for radio and audio codecs. Next check
device manager on the pc to see if the downloaded device drivers are on the
pc.

Ed
W1zz

--
73, Ed
W1ZZ

--
tia
73

St. Cuda

Lawton,
I am also using a FTDX10 with Win 11, DXLabs logging, USB Signalink. I will get the same error when in an FT8 contact (I don;t remember any FT4 contact problems), while monitoring, and with my FTDX10 off, but computer and Signalink on and with all other devices turned off. In another group, it has been suggested RFI, mic input, and other problems. I have put ferrites on the cables to/from my antenna control (HyGain DCU-3), Signalink, and USB to/at my FDDX10. Still have the problem. When I get this error, my Codec mic/spkr are scrambled and can not find any Codec, even checking System>Sound>Volume Mixer. Last night, with only the computer and Signalink on and the problem greeted me this morning. Everything else was plugged in but not turned on. My next step will to be adding an UPS to most of my equipment in case there is a voltage fluctuation. Every now and then, I will see the Signalink light blink...............

When the error happens, I have to shutdown both WSJT and DXCommander (DXLabs rig control), re-start. Most of the time, it works. Other times, the whole computer is shutdown, not re-started.

Lawton Eure

Thanks for the reply Cuda. It didn't start that way-it developed. Trying to go to laptop but Yaesu drivers wont load