locked #Cat_RigControl #Icom #macOS #help #Cat_RigControl #macOS #help #Icom

michaelknox37@...

Mike - KC8WR here, I am new like minutes ago to this group.  I have a problem that I have not been able to figure out and correct.  So, this is surely my best bet to get it done.

My system is as follows;
Computer - Mac desktop, 3 years old
Operating system - Mac OS-X Big Sur Ver. 11.5
Radio - Icom 756ProIII running with MacLoggerDX Ver. 6.36
WSJT-X Ver. 2.5.2

I am having a problem with WSJT-X maintaining PREFERENCES. According to the WSJT-X setup for using MacLoggerDX in PREFERENCES - RIG - DX Lab Suite Commander must selected.  Also in NETWORK SERVER it must be 127.0.0.1:5002.  With these set in Preferences - RADIO all is fine, WSJT-X communicates with MacLoggerDX and all works as you would expect.

But, after a few minutes WSJT-X fails to communicate.  The PREFERENCES window opens and in the RIG setting it now shows ICOM 756ProIII and in the instead of NETWORK SERVER it now shows SERIAL PORT - /dev/cu.usbserial-3  and WSJT-X no longer works!

I have changed it back to the correct settings and WSJT-X communicates properly several times, but only for a few minutes and then it reverts back to the incorrect settings and quits.

It seems that the PREFERENCES for the RIG settings never save.  I entered the correct settings and immediately exit WSJT-X, thinking that it will permanently save the settings.  But, when I open WSJT-X, the setting have once again changed back to the incorrect, Icom 756ProIIi and /dev/cu.usbserial-3

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong,  I am certain there is something that I must do to save the correct settings.  Something that I forgot to mention, in the menu there is a SAVE sub-menu, I do have it set to save all.  But that hasn’t worked either.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance,

Mike - KC8WR

Frank, DH4FR

Hi Mike,

I'm running WSJT-x together with MacLoggerDX as well, but on Mojave. Are you by any chance using iCloud for Desktop and Documents? If so, try to disable that feature and retry.

Best 73
Frank

Mike <michaelknox37@...>

Hi Frank and thank you very much,

First, no I am not using iCloud for Desktop and Documents, but I finally figured it out.  Apparently, the Configurations menu is where the RIG information and all is stored.  I erased all of the choices in the Configurations menu and all when PREFERENCES opened, all of the fields in the sub-menus where empty.  Now, I didn't know erasing the choices in the CONFIGURATIONS would do that.  But when I entered all of the fields in the GENERAL, RADIO and AUDIO configurations, everything worked as it is expected to.  I was even able to make some FT8 contacts.  I exited WSJT-X and then re-opened WSJT-X and all of the information that I had entered in the PREFERENCES sub-menus were correct and it has not failed to work correctly with MacLoggerDX!

I wish I could say that all of the steps I took to get WSJT-X and MacLoggerDX to work correctly for me was because I am computer and programming smart.  But, that is about the furthest from the truth, my father use to say to me, "even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while".  Well this was my acorn. Now I am going to look and the User's Manual and see how I missed this, I am sure it is in there somewhere.

I hope my reply has not been to long and I hope that this will possibly help someone else who may have this problem.

Thanks again Frank, best regards

Mike - KC8WR