locked Band Activity window out of time sync #IssueReport

WB5JJJ - George

Running rc4, but this also applied to rc2. I did not run rc3.

With larger decode groups (>20) and I'm working a station. Occasionally I don't see a station respond to me when according to its level, it should have decoded, so I resend my last sequence automatically. Then on the next decode cycle, the missing decode shows up with the correct timestamp. And it usually FOLLOWS my current transmission and all those expected at that time.

This decode should have arrived in the previous cycle or at least AHEAD of my follow-up transmission so my response would be appropriate.

--
73's
George - WB5JJJ

William Smith

Under 'Decode' are you doing Fast, Normal, or Deep? Sounds like your computer might not be keeping up, try backing off on the Decode depth...

73, Willie N1JBJ

On Sep 29, 2022, at 10:30 AM, WB5JJJ - George <wb5jjj@...> wrote:

Running rc4, but this also applied to rc2. I did not run rc3.

With larger decode groups (>20) and I'm working a station. Occasionally I don't see a station respond to me when according to its level, it should have decoded, so I resend my last sequence automatically. Then on the next decode cycle, the missing decode shows up with the correct timestamp. And it usually FOLLOWS my current transmission and all those expected at that time.

This decode should have arrived in the previous cycle or at least AHEAD of my follow-up transmission so my response would be appropriate.

--
73's
George - WB5JJJ

WB5JJJ - George

My first thought as well, currently set at Normal.

Computer is totally gaming speeds, but I don't do any gaming. Tried all decode settings, but they are all about the same on busy bands. 12Gb RAM and SSD. Normal CPU is about 12% and about 25% of RAM usage.

The decode has the proper time, it's just being display 30 seconds later that its timestamp. It's been in limbo somewhere waiting for the next decode cycle then it appears. Usually shows up at the bottom of the current list as well.

--
73's
George - WB5JJJ

William Smith

Just brainstorming here:

Check for viruses, as some malware doesn’t show up in used CPU but can slow things down a lot.

It’s not running hot or anything like that is it? That would also cause it to throttle itself down.

Is there anything else running? Does rebooting it help?

73, Willie N1JBJ