Topics

moderated Auto-sequence definately fouled up!

JP Tucson, AZ

Again, the thing has lost its mind!

It is all over the place!!!

Sometimes, after a 73, it sends you back to an "R-xx" report, sometimes as the attached shows, it sends you back to the CQ call (TX1) that you just completed.

And sometimes it now just stops, it didn't do anything...!  It had tx enabled and should have went to CQ - TX6, instead it just hung up (stayed in RX/monitor mode & kept rx) even though the red - enable tx was on. I had to hit Halt TX (3 times!), then re-enable TX before it would do anything.

All cpu indications are clear, nowhere near limits on cpu or graphics, can start other programs (like gmail) & all works fine w/wsjtx running, until it loses its mind again a few cycles later.  I did a full shut down, 5 min., then restart, with nothing else running, it went crazy again after 3 cycles, that's when I snipped the image below.

Completed N6RCS, then it went back to calling N5CRS again on CQ, even though I selected K7KE
Had to manually reselect K7KE again, went thru & completed that QSO & it did it again, not shown in this snip.

It started off ok, but now its getting worse.

Bill Somerville

On 22/11/2020 06:03, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:
[...]

John,

referring to "the thing" and "it" in your description of an issue is most unhelpful, nor do I have the faintest idea what actions you took in the exchange you describe. For example, did you log the QSO, if so at what point? Did you double-click the 73 response from your QSO partner or did the retransmission of your Tx1 message happen spontaneously? Do you have "Settings->Reporting->Prompt me to log QSO" checked? Do you have "Settings->Reporting->Clear DX call and grid after logging" checked? Do you have "Settings->General->Disable Tx after sending 73" checked?

groups@...

On 22/11/2020 12:14, Bill Somerville wrote:
[...]

John

I have one further suggestion. Have you checked that your mouse or pad is not subject to RFI? I have a USB mouse that produces left clicks on 80m and top band.

73
Roger
GW4HZA

JP Tucson, AZ

O...k...

I thought it was pretty clear, but I'll try to clarify... (smart ass remark warning - humor not being offensive - you're in England, you sure English is your native language? 🤨)

I'll answer below in red...

Thanks Bill

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Sun, Nov 22, 2020, 5:14 AM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
On 22/11/2020 06:03, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:
> Again, the thing has lost its mind!
>
> It is all over the place!!!
>
> Sometimes, after a 73, it sends you back to an "R-xx" report,
> sometimes as the attached shows, it sends you back to the CQ call
> (TX1) that you just completed.
>
> And sometimes it now just stops, it didn't do anything...!  It had tx
> enabled and should have went to CQ - TX6, instead it just hung up
> (stayed in RX/monitor mode & kept rx) even though the red - enable tx
> was on. I had to hit Halt TX (3 times!), then re-enable TX before it
> would do anything.
>
> All cpu indications are clear, nowhere near limits on cpu or graphics,
> can start other programs (like gmail) & all works fine w/wsjtx
> running, until it loses its mind again a few cycles later.  I did a
> full shut down, 5 min., then restart, with nothing else running, it
> went crazy again after 3 cycles, that's when I snipped the image below.
>
> [[[Completed N6RCS, then it went back to calling N5CRS again on CQ, even
> though I selected K7KE
> Had to manually reselect K7KE again, went thru & completed that QSO]]] &
> it did it again, not shown in this snip.
>
> It started off ok, but now its getting worse.

John,

referring to "the thing" and "it" in your description of an issue is
most unhelpful,[meaning the auto sequencer, as I stated in the title   -"Auto-sequence(r)definately fouled up!"] nor do I have the faintest idea what actions you took in
the exchange you describe. [I actually did, see the triple brackets above ([[[)] For example, did you log the QSO [yes, as I indicated when I stated that I completed the QSO - meaning I logged it!], if so at
what point? [When it (wsjtx) went to TX4 (RRR) & popped up the log box & I did, and it's in the log]   Did you double-click the 73 response from your QSO partner
or did the retransmission of your Tx1 message happen spontaneously? [The latter, as I didn't touch anything until after I sent my final 73 & then selected my next tart station - K7KE - - - INSTEAD of calling K7KE as I directed, it went back to TX1 with "CQ K6RCS N7GHZ DM42"] Do
you have "Settings->Reporting->Prompt me to log QSO" checked? [YES] Do you
have "Settings->Reporting->Clear DX call and grid after logging"
checked? [No, never have] Do you have "Settings->General->Disable Tx after sending 73"
checked?[No]

So that you see the answer to Roger's Q.,  no, I don't have an rfi issue, the mouse & kb have ferrites % the pc is grounded to the single point station ground.  I have also swept my for stray rf with a field strength meter - nothing at all, anywhere in the shack!

JP Tucson, AZ

Hi again Bill,

Forgot to mention that when I just re-looked at the snip I sent you;

...that I noticed that on the RRR TX-R *ALSO*  had an "a3" attached to it as I do have 'Enable AP' turned on.  Don't know if that could throw a monkey wrench into the works...

By the way, just worked Reunion island!  Furthest point on Earth from me - on land - that I can go.  Woo-hoo!

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Sun, Nov 22, 2020, 5:14 AM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
On 22/11/2020 06:03, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:
> Again, the thing has lost its mind!
>
> It is all over the place!!!
>
> Sometimes, after a 73, it sends you back to an "R-xx" report,
> sometimes as the attached shows, it sends you back to the CQ call
> (TX1) that you just completed.
>
> And sometimes it now just stops, it didn't do anything...!  It had tx
> enabled and should have went to CQ - TX6, instead it just hung up
> (stayed in RX/monitor mode & kept rx) even though the red - enable tx
> was on. I had to hit Halt TX (3 times!), then re-enable TX before it
> would do anything.
>
> All cpu indications are clear, nowhere near limits on cpu or graphics,
> can start other programs (like gmail) & all works fine w/wsjtx
> running, until it loses its mind again a few cycles later.  I did a
> full shut down, 5 min., then restart, with nothing else running, it
> went crazy again after 3 cycles, that's when I snipped the image below.
>
> Completed N6RCS, then it went back to calling N5CRS again on CQ, even
> though I selected K7KE
> Had to manually reselect K7KE again, went thru & completed that QSO &
> it did it again, not shown in this snip.
>
> It started off ok, but now its getting worse.

John,

referring to "the thing" and "it" in your description of an issue is
most unhelpful, nor do I have the faintest idea what actions you took in
the exchange you describe. For example, did you log the QSO, if so at
what point? Did you double-click the 73 response from your QSO partner
or did the retransmission of your Tx1 message happen spontaneously? Do
you have "Settings->Reporting->Prompt me to log QSO" checked? Do you
have "Settings->Reporting->Clear DX call and grid after logging"
checked? Do you have "Settings->General->Disable Tx after sending 73"
checked?

Hi John,

OK, I suspect the issue relates to your not having "Settings->Reporting->Clear DX call and grid after logging", that action "clears down" the QSO. Although it should not be responding again in the way that it did, and I will resolve that, I recommend you either set that option or at least hit ESC when you are done with a QSO so that WSJTY-X knows you are done with it. Note logging does not necessary say you are done with the QSO, many of us log upon receipt of an R+report but continue with the QSO until we are sure a QSO partner has received their RRR or RR73 acknowledgement.

On 22/11/2020 14:45, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:
> [...]

or did the retransmission of your Tx1 message happen spontaneously? [The latter, as I didn't touch anything until after I sent my final 73 & then selected my next tart station - K7KE - - - INSTEAD of calling K7KE as I directed, it went back to TX1 with "CQ K6RCS N7GHZ DM42"] Do
you have "Settings->Reporting->Prompt me to log QSO" checked? [YES] Do you
have "Settings->Reporting->Clear DX call and grid after logging"
checked? [No, never have] Do you have "Settings->General->Disable Tx after sending 73"
checked?[No]

So that you see the answer to Roger's Q.,  no, I don't have an rfi issue, the mouse & kb have ferrites % the pc is grounded to the single point station ground.  I have also swept my for stray rf with a field strength meter - nothing at all, anywhere in the shack!

Hi Roger,

no, I don't have an rfi issue, the mouse & kb have ferrites & the pc is grounded to the single point station ground.  I have also swept my for stray rf with a field strength meter - nothing at all, anywhere in the shack!

I am not sure how the mouse pad has or could have any effect, as it's 100% non conductive - it's silicone/gel.

73 - John - N7GHZ