artifact at bottom of bottom of Band Activity & Rx Frequency windows #macOS

K7GQ

I don't know if this is unique to Mac OS 10.13.6 (High Sierra, WSJT-X 2.2.2) or across all platforms but an artifact (dark horizontal line) often appears at the bottom of a full window, mostly disappearing shortly afterwards.  Where this becomes a problem is when I'm making a series of contacts - allowing the Rx Frequency window to fill.  If a new caller appears as the bottom line of the Rx Frequency window, the artifact line persists and does not allow me to double-click to start to initiate the contact - until it's too late into the transmit cycle.

I've attached an example from the Band Activity window to show the artifact line - which I have experienced beginning from the early FT8 versions.
--
Harry  K7GQ

Dave Garber

the only lines I see is the divider - - -  lines, selected in the main setup window.  the line at the very bottom, i think has to do to the width of the window not being wide enough.    try widening the full window, does that disappear??
Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 6:28 PM K7GQ <K7GQ@...> wrote:
I don't know if this is unique to Mac OS 10.13.6 (High Sierra, WSJT-X 2.2.2) or across all platforms but an artifact (dark horizontal line) often appears at the bottom of a full window, mostly disappearing shortly afterwards.  Where this becomes a problem is when I'm making a series of contacts - allowing the Rx Frequency window to fill.  If a new caller appears as the bottom line of the Rx Frequency window, the artifact line persists and does not allow me to double-click to start to initiate the contact - until it's too late into the transmit cycle.

I've attached an example from the Band Activity window to show the artifact line - which I have experienced beginning from the early FT8 versions.
--
Harry  K7GQ

Roger Corbett

Hi Harry,
What you are seeing is a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the Band activity panel.
Its there to show you there is more text to the right of the panel which you can see by scrolling to the right by placing you mouse on that dark line and scrolling to the right.

A simple solution to your problem is to make the WSJTX window wider so the text is accommodated in the Band Activity panel.
You can do this two ways. By making to complete WSJTX window wider or by clicking on the small round icon to the right of the entry in your image at 181730 and drawing it to the right.
This will extend the Band Activity window and the dark bar at its bottom will disappear as the now wider panel can accommodate the text it needs to display.
There is a limit to how far you can extend the Band activity panel and you may need to make the full WSJTX window wider first to accommodate the wider Band Activity panel.

Roger ZL3RC
(Long time Mac user)

On 14/09/2021, at 4:49 AM, K7GQ <K7GQ@gbis.com> wrote:

I don't know if this is unique to Mac OS 10.13.6 (High Sierra, WSJT-X 2.2.2) or across all platforms but an artifact (dark horizontal line) often appears at the bottom of a full window, mostly disappearing shortly afterwards. Where this becomes a problem is when I'm making a series of contacts - allowing the Rx Frequency window to fill. If a new caller appears as the bottom line of the Rx Frequency window, the artifact line persists and does not allow me to double-click to start to initiate the contact - until it's too late into the transmit cycle.

I've attached an example from the Band Activity window to show the artifact line - which I have experienced beginning from the early FT8 versions.
--
Harry K7GQ <Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 18.18.02 PM.png>

K7GQ

Thanks Roger.  I think you mailed it.  I'll just have to live with this as I allow no application to own much of the desktop.

Harry  K7GQ