locked #adiFiles #Calibration #Cat_RigControl #adiFiles #Calibration #Cat_RigControl

1wa1ly@...

This all started on a Widows 11 computer after a Widows update today. I rolled back the Windows to the previous settings and the same problem happened. I can open the settings tab and it defaults to Advanced. If you click on any tab it flashes open for a second, then closes and stays on Advanced Settings so nothing can be configured. I have uninstalled and re installed WSJT in its own path not controlled by Windows too

Suggestions?

WA!LY

Michael Black

Rename C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\WSJT-X.ini

Assuming that works please send me your old WSJT-X.ini file that you renamed.

Mike W9MDB

On Monday, November 28, 2022 at 10:51:35 AM CST, 1wa1ly@... <1wa1ly@...> wrote:

This all started on a Widows 11 computer after a Widows update today. I rolled back the Windows to the previous settings and the same problem happened. I can open the settings tab and it defaults to Advanced. If you click on any tab it flashes open for a second, then closes and stays on Advanced Settings so nothing can be configured. I have uninstalled and re installed WSJT in its own path not controlled by Windows too

Suggestions?

WA!LY

Dave Garber <ve3wej@...>

if the ini file is not uninstalled from the appdata folder, you may just be
restarting the same error

I would remove or rename the ini file, and let your setup start from fresh

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Mon, Nov 28, 2022 at 11:51 AM <1wa1ly@...> wrote:

This all started on a Widows 11 computer after a Widows update today. I
rolled back the Windows to the previous settings and the same problem
happened. I can open the settings tab and it defaults to Advanced. If you
click on any tab it flashes open for a second, then closes and stays on
Advanced Settings so nothing can be configured. I have uninstalled and re
installed WSJT in its own path not controlled by Windows too

Suggestions?

WA!LY

Roger

On 28/11/2022 21:01, Dave Garber wrote:
if the ini file is not uninstalled from the appdata folder, you may just be
restarting the same error
I would remove or rename the ini file, and let your setup start from fresh
Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE
I would never remove the ini. If renaming it fixes the problem a simple file comparison will probably tell you what was wrong.

73
Roger
GW4HZA