Topics

ADIF Master and wsjt_log.adi compatibility #WSJTX_config

Radivoj Kar, f6gnz

Hi.
I have two independent  WSJT_X instances , for Home ans Portable QSY  operations. Their logs are under different folders. I just found that by inadvertance I have logged two groups  of my my Portable FT8 QSOs into my Home QSO FT8 log.
I wish to exclude  these two date groups from the Home log and merge them into the QSU log.

MY QUESTION IS:
After opening the wsjtx_log.adi with ADIF Master and filtering out two date groups of QSY QSOs, and saving the remaining Home QSOs log under the original wsjtx_adi log name, would it keep the same log structure as the original .adi log???

If yes, YES and no problems, then I can merge these two deleted QSY groups, saved as separate QSO logs, into my existing QSY log.
Please comment !
73, Radi f6gnz

Bill Somerville

On 05/04/2021 18:47, Radivoj Kar, f6gnz via groups.io wrote:
Hi.
I have two independent  WSJT_X instances , for Home ans Portable QSY  operations. Their logs are under different folders. I just found that by inadvertance I have logged two groups  of my my Portable FT8 QSOs into my Home QSO FT8 log.
I wish to exclude  these two date groups from the Home log and merge them into the QSU log.

MY QUESTION IS:
After opening the wsjtx_log.adi with ADIF Master and filtering out two date groups of QSY QSOs, and saving the remaining Home QSOs log under the original wsjtx_adi log name, would it keep the same log structure as the original .adi log???

If yes, YES and no problems, then I can merge these two deleted QSY groups, saved as separate QSO logs, into my existing QSY log.
Please comment !
73, Radi f6gnz
Hi Radi,

you can merge ADIF files, all you need do is make sure only one header record is present at the start of the combined file.

Bill
G4WJS.

Radivoj Kar, f6gnz

Hi Bill,
Thanks for the response. My problem is not only the merging, but how to extract two QSO date blocks and to create two .adi logs, one containing QSOs from my Home locator JN08WT and another for QSOs  made in my JN33CC portable QSY operation, which should then be merged with the QSY log existing in mt second wsjtx sequence folder.
I am not sure if I can just cut and copy QSO blocks within ADIF Master application and save them as wsjtx .adi log...
73, Radi f6gnz