locked Full frequency display on Band Activity #band


David E. McCanna
 

I tend to jump from one band to the other looking for new grids. Sometimes as I am hopping an interesting CQ will pop on my screen but I don't know if it is the new band or the one I just left. Is there an adjustment to have the frequency show all of the frequency?


Karza <kari.sillanmaki@...>
 

Hi David,

On 7.10.2022 15.19, David E. McCanna via groups.io wrote:
I tend to jump from one band to the other looking for new grids. Sometimes as I am hopping an interesting CQ will pop on my screen but I don't know if it is the new band or the one I just left. Is there an adjustment to have the frequency show all of the frequency?
No, there  is no such adjustment.

If there were, it would be mentioned in the User Guide....

73's de Kari, oh2gqc


William Smith
 

If you (Linux) 'tail -f ALL.TXT' it's in there.

Windows appears to have PowerShell and other equivalents.

73, Willie N1JBJ

On Oct 7, 2022, at 8:19 AM, David E. McCanna via groups.io <demccanna@...> wrote:

I tend to jump from one band to the other looking for new grids. Sometimes as I am hopping an interesting CQ will pop on my screen but I don't know if it is the new band or the one I just left. Is there an adjustment to have the frequency show all of the frequency?


Robert Rose
 

David,

This is a good idea. I usually visit DXmaps.com to get an idea which bands are active. I am sure there are other websites that can tell you “where the fish are biting.”

73
Bob Rose KN6UXD

On Oct 7, 2022, at 7:08 AM, Karza <kari.sillanmaki@...> wrote:

Hi David,

On 7.10.2022 15.19, David E. McCanna via groups.io wrote:
I tend to jump from one band to the other looking for new grids. Sometimes as I am hopping an interesting CQ will pop on my screen but I don't know if it is the new band or the one I just left. Is there an adjustment to have the frequency show all of the frequency?
No, there is no such adjustment.

If there were, it would be mentioned in the User Guide....

73's de Kari, oh2gqc







Chuck Reti
 

On Fri, Oct 7, 2022 at 11:00 AM, Robert Rose wrote:


David,

This is a good idea. I usually visit DXmaps.com to get an idea which bands are
active. I am sure there are other websites that can tell you “where the fish
are biting.”

73
Bob Rose KN6UXD
The Band Activity grid at DXHeat.com shows this at a glance.


Dave Garber <ve3wej@...>
 

before I do any band change, I turn off "monitor" first. then change
bands, monitor will turn back on. perhaps that will help


Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE


On Fri, Oct 7, 2022 at 9:11 PM Chuck Reti via groups.io <wv8a=
mac.com@groups.io> wrote:

On Fri, Oct 7, 2022 at 11:00 AM, Robert Rose wrote:


David,

This is a good idea. I usually visit DXmaps.com to get an idea which
bands are
active. I am sure there are other websites that can tell you “where the
fish
are biting.”

73
Bob Rose KN6UXD
The Band Activity grid at DXHeat.com shows this at a glance.