locked Where is MAP65? #map65

carlhasbargen@...

I was reading on line about how MAP65 version 3 is included in downloads of WSJT-X version 2.5+. Well, I have had version WSJT-x 2.5.4 on my laptop since last year, but do not find any MAP65 in the folder, or anywhere else. Today I downloaded WSJT 2.5.4 again to see if re-installing it would produce MAP65 for me. Nothing. Is there some super-secret folder that MAP65 gets hidden in that even Windows 11 does not know about to share with me? I would download MAP65 version 3 all by itself, if that produced a result, but it seemed I was just steered to doing the WSJT-x thing... again...

Charles Suckling

Try this path (if you are on Windows and installed to the default
directory):

C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin

You should fine map65.exe in that folder.

Charlie DL3WDG

On Mon, 3 Oct 2022 at 08:29, carlhasbargen via groups.io <carlhasbargen=
q.com@groups.io> wrote:

I was reading on line about how MAP65 version 3 is included in downloads
of WSJT-X version 2.5+. Well, I have had version WSJT-x 2.5.4 on my laptop
since last year, but do not find any MAP65 in the folder, or anywhere
else. Today I downloaded WSJT 2.5.4 again to see if re-installing it would
produce MAP65 for me. Nothing. Is there some super-secret folder that
MAP65 gets hidden in that even Windows 11 does not know about to share with
me? I would download MAP65 version 3 all by itself, if that produced a
result, but it seemed I was just steered to doing the WSJT-x thing...
again...

carlhasbargen@...

bin...... yes, it was there. Thank you. My level of ignorance on these matters is high, so I am grateful for the help. I opened MAP65, plugged in my Funcube Pro+ dongle and played around. I tuned the Funcube to 432.050 and the MAP65 waterfall was centered on .125. I was able to "force" the display center to be .050, so I think I can make this work for my EME purposes. It is different than my old Linrad 4 plus earlier version of MAP65, so I will need some practice. Thanks again!