locked Removed Worked Countries from WSJT-X #adiFiles

Carl Nord

Good morning from FN54ga
I am preparing for radio season and my 5BDXCC and want to edit the "worked countries" in WSJTX.
Specifically, I have a number of countries I have worked on various bands but they have not, nor do I expect them to ever QSL. On the chance that they do, that information is resident on LOTW.
But I would like the color alert for their country on WSJT-X to return. I think the best way to do that is to remove the contact record from one of the files in WSJT-X. However, I am reluctant to go in and start hacking away at files without being sure which one I should be working on.

So The question is:
What file contains the band-specific contact information that triggers the colors, so I can surgically remove those contacts and receive a color alert when a station from that country is calling "CQ"?

Thank you.
--
Carl
WA1KPD

Karza

On 16.9.2022 17.47, Carl Nord wrote:
Good morning from FN54ga
I am preparing for radio season and my 5BDXCC and want to edit the "worked countries" in WSJTX.
Specifically, I have a number of countries I have worked on various bands but they have not, nor do I expect them to ever QSL. On the chance that they do, that information is resident on LOTW.
But I would like the color alert for their country on WSJT-X to return. I think the best way to do that is to remove the contact record from one of the files in WSJT-X. However, I am reluctant to go in and start hacking away at files without being sure which one I should be working on.

So The question is:
What file contains the band-specific contact information that triggers the colors, so I can surgically remove those contacts and receive a color alert when a station from that country is calling "CQ"?
The file is "wsjtx_log.adi".

Remember to back the log before editing, just in case..

73's de Kari, oh2gqc

Carl Young

Carl,

Don't be too hasty to edit your lotw uploads.

1. They don't harm anything.
2. Sometimes paper logs are converted to adif files and uploaded after
many years. I have had a few new ones show up lotw confirmed going back 20
years ago when I actually worked them.

73 es DX,
Carl K5HK
Reno NV

On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 7:47 AM Carl Nord <chnord@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the warning, but I have no intention of editing the LOTW file for the very reasons you outline.
I just want WSJT-X to know I still "need" this country confirmed. WSJT-X does not distinguish between worked and conformed when highlighting. It just treats worked country as a confirmed country.
SO I am asking how to remove them from the WSJT-X record which will not impact LOTW.

--
Carl
WA1KPD

Eugene Morgan

Consider an add on to WSJT-X that knows the difference between worked and confirmed.

Thanks for the warning, but I have no intention of editing the LOTW file for the very reasons you outline.
I just want WSJT-X to know I still "need" this country confirmed. WSJT-X does not distinguish between worked and conformed when highlighting. It just treats worked country as a confirmed country.
SO I am asking how to remove them from the WSJT-X record which will not impact LOTW.

--
Carl
WA1KPD

Michael Black

That would be a logging program of course.  One that can upload/download from LOTW which is most logging programs.
Mike W9MDB

On Monday, September 19, 2022 at 10:46:46 AM CDT, Eugene Morgan <ee_morgan@...> wrote:

Consider an add on to WSJT-X that knows the difference between worked and confirmed.

Thanks for the warning, but I have no intention of editing the LOTW file for the very reasons you outline.
I just want WSJT-X to know I still "need" this country confirmed. WSJT-X does not distinguish between worked and conformed when highlighting. It just  treats worked country as a confirmed country.
SO I am asking how to remove them from the WSJT-X record which will not impact LOTW.

--
Carl
WA1KPD

Earl Needham

That sounds a lot like DXLabs -- DXKeeper.

ee_morgan@...> wrote:

Consider an add on to WSJT-X that knows the difference between worked and
confirmed.

Thanks for the warning, but I have no intention of editing the LOTW file
for the very reasons you outline.
I just want WSJT-X to know I still "need" this country confirmed. WSJT-X
does not distinguish between worked and conformed when highlighting. It
just treats worked country as a confirmed country.
SO I am asking how to remove them from the WSJT-X record which will not
impact LOTW.

--
Carl
WA1KPD

Larry Banks

Or ACLog.

Larry / W1DYJ

ee_morgan@...> wrote:

Consider an add on to WSJT-X that knows the difference between worked and
confirmed.

Thanks for the warning, but I have no intention of editing the LOTW file
for the very reasons you outline.
I just want WSJT-X to know I still "need" this country confirmed. WSJT-X
does not distinguish between worked and conformed when highlighting. It
just treats worked country as a confirmed country.
SO I am asking how to remove them from the WSJT-X record which will not
impact LOTW.

--
Carl
WA1KPD

Eugene Morgan

Exactly. In my case I wrote my own that talks to QRZ which talks to LOTW. It also tracks confirmed states by band and alerts me when one shows up calling CQ. I and a bunch of my friends use it. But my intention is not to try and push my software but rather to point out there are a lot of good add-ons for WSJT-X that can enable a lot of additional functionality.

Gene
WB7RLX

Thanks for the warning, but I have no intention of editing the LOTW
file for the very reasons you outline.
I just want WSJT-X to know I still "need" this country confirmed.
WSJT-X does not distinguish between worked and conformed when
highlighting. It just treats worked country as a confirmed country.
SO I am asking how to remove them from the WSJT-X record which will
not impact LOTW.

--
Carl
WA1KPD

Grid Tracker works great for tracking confirmed.

On Mon, Sep 19, 2022, 11:43 AM Carl Nord <chnord@...> wrote:

Thanks for the warning, but I have no intention of editing the LOTW file
for the very reasons you outline.
I just want WSJT-X to know I still "need" this country confirmed. WSJT-X
does not distinguish between worked and conformed when highlighting. It
just treats worked country as a confirmed country.
SO I am asking how to remove them from the WSJT-X record which will not
impact LOTW.

--
Carl
WA1KPD

Dave Garber

If you use wsjtx drop down to tell it to delete the wdjtx_log.adi file
It will not affect your lotw or qrz
It will create a new one...
sent by ve3wej on lg phone

On Mon., Sep. 19, 2022, 11:43 a.m. Carl Nord, <chnord@...> wrote:

Thanks for the warning, but I have no intention of editing the LOTW file
for the very reasons you outline.
I just want WSJT-X to know I still "need" this country confirmed. WSJT-X
does not distinguish between worked and conformed when highlighting. It
just treats worked country as a confirmed country.
SO I am asking how to remove them from the WSJT-X record which will not
impact LOTW.

--
Carl
WA1KPD

Roger

On 19/09/2022 18:04, Dave Garber wrote:
If you use wsjtx drop down to tell it to delete the wdjtx_log.adi file
It will not affect your lotw or qrz
It will create a new one...
sent by ve3wej on lg phone
I don't recommend you delete the file. Rename it in case you need to go back to it later.

73
Roger
GW4HZA

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

That sounds a lot like DXLabs -- DXKeeper.

+ Exactly. See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesDirect

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

ee_morgan@...> wrote:

Consider an add on to WSJT-X that knows the difference between worked
and confirmed.

Thanks for the warning, but I have no intention of editing the LOTW
file for the very reasons you outline.
I just want WSJT-X to know I still "need" this country confirmed.
WSJT-X does not distinguish between worked and conformed when
highlighting. It just treats worked country as a confirmed country.
SO I am asking how to remove them from the WSJT-X record which will
not impact LOTW.

--
Carl
WA1KPD

www.avg.com

Gilbert Baron

And it all works like a charm. You are going to like this.

Outlook LT Gil W0MN
Hierro Candente Batir de Repente
44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

Thanks for the warning, but I have no intention of editing the LOTW
file for the very reasons you outline.
I just want WSJT-X to know I still "need" this country confirmed.
WSJT-X does not distinguish between worked and conformed when
highlighting. It just treats worked country as a confirmed country.
SO I am asking how to remove them from the WSJT-X record which will
not impact LOTW.

--
Carl
WA1KPD

www.avg.com

--
W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Jim Shorney

Yes. I have it driving WSJT-X on the Linux box in the shack from a remote Windoze machine in another part of the house. One of the few reasons to keep Windows.

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Mon, 19 Sep 2022 15:29:17 -0500
"Gilbert Baron" <w0mn00@...> wrote:

And it all works like a charm. You are going to like this.

Outlook LT Gil W0MN
Hierro Candente Batir de Repente
44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

Thanks for the warning, but I have no intention of editing the LOTW
file for the very reasons you outline.
I just want WSJT-X to know I still "need" this country confirmed.
WSJT-X does not distinguish between worked and conformed when
highlighting. It just treats worked country as a confirmed country.
SO I am asking how to remove them from the WSJT-X record which will
not impact LOTW.

--
Carl
WA1KPD

www.avg.com

Carl Nord

Thanks, Kari,
That did exactly what I wanted. I also changed the color scheme so a LOTW station has a different font color than a non-LOTW station. That way I not only see the Countries I need, but can respond only to those with LOTW

--
Carl
WA1KPD