locked How Do you connect 4U1UN ? #FreqCal

André C

Hello group, I was wondering how Do you contact 4U1UN ? Because I don't see Them calling CQ and Then, they appear on the band activity Window and everybody are calling Them ... Wtf ... How Do they operate ? Are they calling on a différent fréquency so nobody are seeing Them ? Allô, Do they acknowlage on LoTW or eQSL after they make contact ? I've been Trying my ass for Many Time to try to contact Them without any success. What is your trick ? How Do you Do it ? Thanks for keeping me inform si I could finally ne able to contact Them. 73 André VE2WNF

Earl Needham

I worked them in 2006, and as I recall, it was fairly random. I just
happened to be on the frequency they started calling CQ on. I got in right
away, but it was pretty crazy when I signed with them.

BTW, this was on 17-meter CW.

Vy 7 3,
Earl
KD5XB

On Fri, Sep 2, 2022 at 10:27 AM André C <acme9283@...> wrote:

Hello group, I was wondering how Do you contact 4U1UN ? Because I don't
see Them calling CQ and Then, they appear on the band activity Window and
everybody are calling Them ... Wtf ... How Do they operate ? Are they
calling on a différent fréquency so nobody are seeing Them ? Allô, Do they
acknowlage on LoTW or eQSL after they make contact ? I've been Trying my
ass for Many Time to try to contact Them without any success. What is your
trick ? How Do you Do it ? Thanks for keeping me inform si I could finally
ne able to contact Them. 73 André VE2WNF

Gilbert Baron

They are also on on special events from time to time. Not sure where I saw the announcements, but they get on fairly often. I think I have them on multiple bands and multiple modes including FT8 I think. You will get them. It is far far from a rare entity.

Outlook LT Gil W0MN
Hierro Candente Batir de Repente
44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

--
W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Dave Garber <ve3wej@...>

Thwy usually run fox and hound but it could be propagation and has you not
see them. Could be your noise floor. Keep watching

sent by ve3wej on lg phone

On Fri., Sep. 2, 2022, 1:15 p.m. Gilbert Baron, <w0mn00@...> wrote:

[...]

careyfisher@...

If you can't hear them, don't even try to work them.
73, Carey, WB4HXE

On Fri, Sep 2, 2022 at 1:47 PM Dave Garber <ve3wej@...> wrote:

[...]

Michael Black

I've worked that station 5 times on 10,17,20,30, and 40M.  All LOTW confirmed.  Most recent was May 6th.
Mike W9MDB

On Friday, September 2, 2022 at 11:27:37 AM CDT, André C <acme9283@...> wrote:

Hello group, I was wondering how Do you contact 4U1UN ? Because I don't see Them calling CQ and Then, they appear on the band activity Window and everybody are calling Them ... Wtf ... How Do they operate ? Are they calling on a différent fréquency so nobody are seeing Them ? Allô, Do they acknowlage on LoTW or eQSL after they make contact ? I've been Trying my ass for Many Time to try to contact Them without any success.  What is your trick ? How Do you Do it ?  Thanks for keeping me inform si I could finally ne able to contact Them.  73 André VE2WNF

Jorge Diez - CX6VM

actually in 18095 FT8

https://dxheat.com/db/4U1UN/

El vie, 2 sept 2022 a las 13:27, André C (<acme9283@...>) escribió:

Hello group, I was wondering how Do you contact 4U1UN ? Because I don't
see Them calling CQ and Then, they appear on the band activity Window and
everybody are calling Them ... Wtf ... How Do they operate ? Are they
calling on a différent fréquency so nobody are seeing Them ? Allô, Do they
acknowlage on LoTW or eQSL after they make contact ? I've been Trying my
ass for Many Time to try to contact Them without any success. What is your
trick ? How Do you Do it ? Thanks for keeping me inform si I could finally
ne able to contact Them. 73 André VE2WNF

Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W

DL5NO

4U1UN is currently on 17m, FT8 F/H-mode with 1..3 streams on 18095.3+. I called him 1 kHz up, with Hound-mode activated, QSO went ok, no trick.
73 de Georg, DL5NO

Hello group, I was wondering how Do you contact 4U1UN ? Because I don't see Them calling CQ and Then, they appear on the band activity Window and everybody are calling Them ... Wtf ... How Do they operate ? Are they calling on a différent fréquency so nobody are seeing Them ? Allô, Do they acknowlage on LoTW or eQSL after they make contact ? I've been Trying my ass for Many Time to try to contact Them without any success. What is your trick ? How Do you Do it ? Thanks for keeping me inform si I could finally ne able to contact Them. 73 André VE2WNF

Jim Brown

On 9/2/2022 12:54 PM, careyfisher@... wrote:
If you can't hear them, don't even try to work them.
This is a fundamental principle -- NEVER call a station you can't hear -- you're causing QRM to those who CAN hear the station.

The only exception is for expeditions who purposely don't call CQ to save battery power or fuel for their generators, and instead invite callers via internet chat.

73, Jim K9YC

André C

When you said fox and hound, you mean they call on one frequency and you reply on the main FT8 frequency ? If so, what frequency are they using ibn FT8 ? Thanks

Sam Birnbaum

Fox& Hound operation requires that you call above the 1000Hz Offset.They call below that. ThIf you are picked, the program will automatically shift you to their offset.After you are done, you should be back above 1000Hz offset.
73,

Sam W2JDB

When you said fox and hound, you mean they call on one frequency and you reply on the main FT8 frequency ?  If so, what frequency are they using ibn FT8 ?  Thanks

André C

Hello Mike, good for you that you have contacted them 5 times on different bands. Please explain to me in more detail how do you do it, maybe in a Personal message .... Thanks

On 2022-09-02 6:13 PM, André C wrote:
[...]

K1JT has described how the F/H-mode works in a document that is also available on the WSJT-X download-page at Princeton:

https://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/FT8_DXpedition_Mode.pdf

You should read the documentation, then it will be clear how this special mode is used in FT8.

73 de Georg, DL5NO

When you said fox and hound, you mean they call on one frequency and you reply on the main FT8 frequency ? If so, what frequency are they using ibn FT8 ? Thanks

André C

Hello Dan, problem is that I have worked all the stations on the east coast and mostly thru middle of the states, and since Un is located in new York, I do have worked many stations in NY too, so I'm not shure about skip....

acme9283@...> wrote:

Hello group, I was wondering how Do you contact 4U1UN ? Because I
don't see Them calling CQ and Then, they appear on the band activity
Window and everybody are calling Them ... Wtf ... How Do they operate
? Are they calling on a différent fréquency so nobody are seeing Them
? Allô, Do they acknowlage on LoTW or eQSL after they make contact ?
I've been Trying my ass for Many Time to try to contact Them without
any success. What is your trick ? How Do you Do it ? Thanks for
keeping me inform si I could finally ne able to contact Them. 73
André VE2WNF

--
Dan Ziolkowski KC2STA
SKCC #4290T
Ubuntu LINUX

Michael Black

Are you hearing them?
hamspots.net shows  you are only being received in CO, TX, ID, AL, AZ, CA, FL, OK, WA, MS.
Nobody in the NE USA.
Mike W9MDB