locked Band Activity entries #NewUser #Timesync #mainscreen

loopco@...

On the Band Activity screen you often see something like: "222645 -10 -0.4 751 ~ CQ A1BCD EF14 CQ Zone 4". I understand what it all means but how do you enter the last part (CQ Zone 4, or U.S.A or the state etc.)? Is it automatic by selecting a checkbox (which I don't see), input by the operator? Are there certain rules for entering it? For example, I work some QRP, can I add that so that operators know that I am QRP?
If it is in the manual please lead me to it, I cannot find reference to it anywhere.
Thanks 73
Marv

Reino Talarmo

On the Band Activity screen you often see something like: "222645 -10 -0.4 751 ~ CQ A1BCD EF14 CQ Zone 4". I understand what it all means but how do you enter the last part (CQ Zone 4, or U.S.A or the state etc.)? Is it automatic by selecting a checkbox (which I don't see), input by the operator? Are there certain rules for entering it? For example, I work some QRP, can I add that so that operators know that I am QRP?
If it is in the manual please lead me to it, I cannot find reference to it anywhere.

Hi Marv,
Perhaps the best section in the User Guide is 11. Logging.
All that information is added locally at reception and the transmitting operator cannot add or otherwise affect what the receiving station will see.

73, Reino OH3mA