locked #logging #logging

Tad Danley K3TD

Where can I get detailed info on the logging functionality built into WSJT-X? I would like to learn what contact info can be retained and how, and whether that info can be uploaded as a ADIF file to a contest sponsor and/or Logbook of the World?

Thanks and 73,

Tad, K3TD

Reino Talarmo

Where can I get detailed info on the logging functionality built into WSJT-X? I would like to learn what contact info can be retained and how, and whether that info can be uploaded as a ADIF file to a contest sponsor and/or Logbook of the World?
Hi Tad,
Most probably the best information would be program's source code. But also the Logging window shows fields that will be recorded into wsjtx_log.adi file that is written into the Log directory.
For fun I filled the log windows with some data and that was recorded as:
<call:7>N9ABC/9 <gridsquare:6>KP33uu <mode:3>FT8 <rst_sent:3>-15 <rst_rcvd:3>+12 <qso_date:8>20220811 <time_on:6>174916 <qso_date_off:8>20220811 <time_off:6>1749. 16 <band:2>4m <freq:9>70.101500 <station_callsign:5>OH3MA <my_gridsquare:6>KP20JR <tx_pwr:2>10 <comment:12>Logging test <name:8>TestName <operator:5>OH3mA <prop_mode:2>AS <eor>
You may test it yourself.
You may upload that wsjtx_log.adi file as you wish, if the contest sponsor support it. LoTW actually requires it.
73, Reino OH3mA

William Smith

WSJT-x creates ALL.TXT and wsjtx_log.adi, the latter of which is an ADIF file. Look for them in the logs directory, (File->Open Log Directory?).

If you use a helper program like GridTracker, it'll auto-upload to a number of online sites (including LOTW, though getting that set up can be fiddly).

73, Willie N1JBJ

On Aug 11, 2022, at 10:47 AM, Tad Danley K3TD <tdanley@...> wrote:

Where can I get detailed info on the logging functionality built into WSJT-X? I would like to learn what contact info can be retained and how, and whether that info can be uploaded as a ADIF file to a contest sponsor and/or Logbook of the World?

Thanks and 73,

Tad, K3TD

Michael Black

Contests may use either the ADIF file or a Cabrillo file.
For a contest you would delete (or backup) your wsjtx_log.adi file before the contest.   You can find it by File/Open log directory.  Then copy that file so you can back it up and upload to the contest site.If the contest requires a carbillo file you File/Reset Cabrillo before the contest and then File/Export Cabrillo after.

Mike W9MDB